Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problems with HP Pavilion tx2690eo tablet

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Problems with HP Pavilion tx2690eo tablet

Hi again RaZoR1394,

Ok it turns out that the ES632AA quickdock is not compatible with my tx2690eo
    Well that may explain some of your output. I might go back over some of it, keeping an unstable dock connection in mind.

More importantly would be to get the 3,5mm optical jack working. There is no red light coming out of it at all. Any ideas?
    Nope, sorry. It's not something I've investigated. Let me know what you find out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Ok so I just disabled the line in /etc/modprobe/alsa-base I applied to get audio working for this tablet and after reboot IEC958 is available (two switches) but there is still no red light and sound from laptop speakers is off course gone.

The line I put at the bottom is:

options snd-hda-intel index=0 model=toshiba position_fix=1

and I took it from here (gali98)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ight=hp+tx2500

However it seems to be half-working. Because when I crank up the main volume and switch IEC958 on and off I hear a pop from my 7.1 speakers connected to my Pioneer receiver.

I'm going to try the acer line from the same thread.

Beans
    Distro

The "acer" line does the same, sound works through speakers but spdif gets disabled.

Intrepid is using 1.0.17 and Jaunty is using 1.0.18.

This is the changelog... from http://www.alsa-project.org/

for 1.0.18 since 1.0.17

Code:
    HDA Intel driver

ALSA: hda - Align BDL position adjustment parameter 
        ALSA: hda_intel: ALSA HD Audio patch for Intel Ibex Peak DeviceIDs 
        ALSA: hda - support new AMD HDMI Audio (1002:970f) 
        ALSA: hda_intel: enable snoop for nvidia HDA controller 
        ALSA: hda - disable delayed period-ack with bdl_pos_adj=0 
        ALSA: hda - check page continuity 
        ALSA: hda - Fix VIA recording problem 
        ALSA: hda - allow probing of 4 codecs 
        ALSA: Fix for reading RIRB buffer on NVIDIA aza controller with AMD Phenom cpu 
        ALSA: hda - Add infrastructure for dynamic stream allocation
    for 1.0.18a since 1.0.18

Code:
    HDA Intel driver

ALSA: hda - Add reboot notifier 
        ALSA: hda - Remove old codec-probe limitation 
        ALSA: hda - simplify hda_bus ops callbacks 
        ALSA: hda - Make codec-probing more robust 
        ALSA: hda - Fix probe errors on Dell Studio Desktop
    Here is a thread I'm following first:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=866965

otherwise I will resort to the master kernel thread and if that shows no result it looks like I will be moving over to Jaunty.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Razor,

Yeah, I've looked at the ALSA stuff, without joy. There's some pulse audio stuff in pre-release, maybe something will be there.

My bet is you're going to Jaunty. You're braver than I am. Remember the new kernel will break linuxwacom and you'll have to reinstall.

Beans
    Distro

I got spdif working by following the Pulsaudio update and reconfigure thread. Very good guide I must say.

I have installed linux 2.6.28-rc9 as well now but there is no big need for it right now.

I used this app from the master kernel thread, http://kcheck.sourceforge.net/

This thread could be interesting for those who want to change firmware on the DVDRW drive.

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Windows only as usual...

Beans
    Distro

I have been looking at a new dock and the HP page for Sweden says I need KN745AA. The only way to order that is by phone and they have closed during holidays (probably open 26th don't know) but It's half the price than big retailers. Smells fishy to me. No word about stock status either.

I can find the KN744AA dock on Ebay with shipping for about the same price of the KN745AA without shipping from HP Sweden. The only store in Sweden except HP themselves selling the product and having it in stock want double the price.

Both the KN745AA and KN744AA are part of the Quickdock 2.0 series. I have no idea about the differences of these docks. Maybe the KN745AA is a bug fix? The one I have now is Quickdock 1.0.

There are some disturbing reviews about the KN744AA dock on the net...

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B001COCG9G

http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/c...2?tab=reviews&

Some problems described there sound just like mine.

Component output has been removed with the Quickdock 2.0 series as well.

Do you think it would work with KN744AA?
    Last edited by RaZoR1394; December 26th, 2008 at 12:25 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi RaZoR1394,

I'd steer clear of the KN744AA for now. I think what you want is a live salesperson on the phone that you can get a name and id # from and then ask about the cord length issues, etc. And how do you feel about only VGA out? Does the KN745AA have HD out?

I was vaguely thinking about a dock now that I've got my Pinnacle tuner and new printer. I'll look some more.

Beans
    Distro

No KN745AA at all on US web site. A picture pops up with no further information. You have S video out on the TX2500 right? Dock only has VGA? So does the dock have any advantages over a USB hub and a S-video cable?
    I still think it is better to contact someone at HP to answer more detailed questions. Among other laptops it says the KN744AA#ABA is compatible with TX1000 and TX2000. Nothing about TX2500. So we assume TX2000 includes TX2500?

Beans
    Distro

Yes the KN744AA and KN745AA does not have component as they are Quickdock 2.0 models.

The Quickdock 2.0 does however have two power inlets instead of just one. I have no idea of why.

Here is the Quick setup for the Quickdock 2.0 - http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01621850.pdf

The biggest advantage is efficiency. When leaving all that has to be done is to disconnect the expansion port 3 cable. In my case the eSATA express-card as well but that's all.

Well I was going to write about the fact that you can use the pen when the laptop screen is off and paint on the external screen just like an external Wacom when I pressed my nail against the screen and noticed it worked just like the pen so I guess the touchscreen part is solved as well, at least temporary.

Beans
    Distro

Ah ha. So touchscreen is working.

I cleaned up the xorg.conf a little bit, to better use as a sample. You might want to look at it.

Did you get .xinitrc working? I'm including my .xinitrc so you can see the Capacity parameter for touch. Values are 1-5. This should help get touch more sensitive.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast