Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dream FOSS application

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Dream FOSS application

What kind of application would you wish FOSS world had? Don't hesitate to include utopian ideas.

I would like to see a sketch based Mechanical CAD and a 100% DirectX API compatible library done with open source libraries (OpenGL, SDL...) so that game makers would cease ignoring linux users.

what about you?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Dream FOSS application

Not to sound like a fanboy, but I'm not really missing anything outside of games and the like. All that's left from my perspective would be... maybe a better midi-creation tool?

Noteworthy Composer and Finale Notepad are fantastically powerful applications, I haven't found an equivalent I particularly liked.
    Want me to punchisize your face, For free??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

If there was a good fl studio equivalent (i already tried rosegarder and lmms, neither are nearly as good as fl studio) i would be completely satisfied.

Although i have been somewhat succesful in running fl studio in wine. I am still trying to work out some audio issues though.

Beans

OneNote clone.
    ASUS X202E - Intel Core i3 1.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB Seagate HDD

Beans

A good spell/grammar checker that is used by all applications. Aspell marks so many correct Swedish words as incorrect it's more confusing than helping. Also a dictionary with synonym/antonym finder and a Swedish/English dictionary that both have all the trade words from different fields and other obscure words I'm still not sure about. Throw in an encyclopedia too. I think these things can pass as one wish since they are closely related.

These things exists online but it would be nice to have offline resources when on the move.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

My wishlist:
    A program that downloads music from a large amount of creative commons music repositories. There's so uch good CC musing out there, it's just so hard to get at with a standard web browser.
    A simple non-linear movie editor that's stable and is as easy to use as iMovie.
    Video chatting/conferencing over AIM/MSN/Yahoo!/Gtalk/etc. integrated into Pidgin.
    Better intel graphics card drivers.
    2010 IBM Thinkpad 510, 4GB RAM, i5-540M, NVS 3100M

Running Ubuntu 11.04

Beans

Cubase

Beans
    Hidden!

A decent, visually-oriented web page creation program.

HTML-oriented text editors don't cut it.
    Have you ever found something in the second-to-last place you looked?
    If it seems like I am ignoring you, perhaps I am.
    world:~ mike$ rm -f /earth/united_states/washington/redmond/M$ █

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by eisenwinter View Post
    cubase
    +1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Kvark View Post
    A good spell/grammar checker that is used by all applications. Aspell marks so many correct Swedish words as incorrect it's more confusing than helping. Also a dictionary with synonym/antonym finder and a Swedish/English dictionary that both have all the trade words from different fields and other obscure words I'm still not sure about. Throw in an encyclopedia too. I think these things can pass as one wish since they are closely related.

These things exists online but it would be nice to have offline resources when on the move.
    Agreed. I would also like to see it fully integrated to both QT and GTK textboxes. It would also be great if we had a system wide spell checker qucik-changer in the tray for multilingual people

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast