Thread: Partitioner Loading stuck at 50%

Beans

Question Partitioner Loading stuck at 50%

I am trying to install Xubuntu alternative on a Compaq Presario 1655 with a 4gig HD. I completely formatted the hard drive, deleted the primary partition, re-created it, made it active, and formatted. I also tried that without formatting. I think it has about 40-60mb of ram. During the installation, it says loading partitioner, and it sticks at 50%. I left it for 3 hours and nothing. All the drives went to sleep so I know its not doing anything. Is there a solution to this, or is there an even lighter ubuntu package I can try?

Beans

Re: Partitioner Loading stuck at 50%

With that amount of ram you might be better of trying darn small linux (dsl)

Edit: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/In...wMemorySystems
    Last edited by Partyboi2; December 19th, 2008 at 12:26 AM.
    Ubuntu Newbie Help: irc: #beginners-help on network irc.freenode.net
    Help others, mark your threads solved.

wpshooter is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by suncharm View Post
    I am trying to install Xubuntu alternative on a Compaq Presario 1655 with a 4gig HD. I completely formatted the hard drive, deleted the primary partition, re-created it, made it active, and formatted. I also tried that without formatting. I think it has about 40-60mb of ram. During the installation, it says loading partitioner, and it sticks at 50%. I left it for 3 hours and nothing. All the drives went to sleep so I know its not doing anything. Is there a solution to this, or is there an even lighter ubuntu package I can try?
    40 - 60mb, are you referring to RAM or possibly to hard drive space, which would probably be gb not mb ???

Sorry, I missed the 4gb hard drive.

Personnel, I would think it is probably time that you got another computer. You are asking for nothing but frustration !!!

Beans

I know, its a old laptop, and it is not my main one, I just wanted to do something with it before throwing it out.

wpshooter is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by suncharm View Post
    I know, its a old laptop, and it is not my main one, I just wanted to do something with it before throwing it out.
    Then like the other poster said, you might want to try damn small linux.