Thread: Odd quirk with user switch applet and shut down

Beans

Odd quirk with user switch applet and shut down

Intrepid defaulted with the user switch applet working on my laptop better than in Hardy (I no longer receive errors waking up from hibernation or suspend). All of the functions were working correctly (suspend, hibernate, restart, shutdown). However, after installing a few GDM login themes and switching amongst them, the user switch applet now does not shut down correctly, and instead seems to only be restarting X (it doesn't seem to be restarting the whole system as it does not go through the Ubuntu loading screen and what not). Suspend and hibernate seem to be untouched.

So I'm thinking that something was changed when I messed with the login screen options, as I had never done so before. Is this recognizable to anyone? Anybody know of a setting I can tick or a file I can edit that may fix this?

Beans

Re: Odd quirk with user switch applet and shut down

bump

...anyone else have this problem?

Beans

... nudge

Beans

just one last stubborn bump to this thread in the hopes that someone who has also encountered this problem may know of or might be able to propose a fix.

I realize it's not a huge loss, but shutting down through the shut-down applet makes my laptop cry out a loud system beep, and as I'm always the last to go to bed I'm tired of bothering my room mate with the noise. (anybody know how to silence this shy of muffling the computer with a towel? )

This function could have been broken by an update, but I couldn't tell you which as it's been too long.
    Last edited by le singe; January 22nd, 2009 at 04:56 AM.