Thread: exaile and rythmbox will not play after playing video from browser (and vice versa)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Unhappy exaile and rythmbox will not play after playing video from browser (and vice versa)

I've been living with the following problem... Whenever I play a video from some website (like democracynow for example) then all my media players like exaile or rythmbox will not play any songs (I press play and nothing happens)... until I restart my browser, then everything comes back to normal... this also works in the opposite way if I play exaile or rythmbox then if I try to play any video from a website the video will not have any sound coming (the video will play but no sound)... any ideas? I've been living with this for couple months now but it's getting a bit annoying...

Beans

Re: exaile and rythmbox will not play after playing video from browser (and vice vers

Same problem here. Very irritating.
    Terminal says
    Code:
    Rhythmbox-Message: Missing plugin: gstreamer|0.10|rhythmbox-metadata|Décodeur application/smil|decoder-application/smil
    impossible de trouver une application
    Rhythmbox-Message: No installation candidate for missing plugins found.
    I installed a lot of gstreamer-plugins, still no luck
    A.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: exaile and rythmbox will not play after playing video from browser (and vice vers

I had the same problem. This: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=789578 fixed it.
    "I have more friends now..."

Beans

Fixed.
    Thank you!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

No problem.
    "I have more friends now..."