Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 357583848586 LastLast

Thread: Installing on the Dell Mini 12

Beans

Re: Installing on the Dell Mini 12

I'm new to ubuntu and the forum, just wanted to see if you all could help me with a problem..im trying to install ubuntu 8.10 on my mini 12 (it had xp before) but it only gets to the ''scanning disks'' part of the partitioner, then it simply freezes. Any ideas? thanks a bunch

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Zagodem View Post
    I'm new to ubuntu and the forum, just wanted to see if you all could help me with a problem..im trying to install ubuntu 8.10 on my mini 12 (it had xp before) but it only gets to the ''scanning disks'' part of the partitioner, then it simply freezes. Any ideas? thanks a bunch
    Simple idea: do not install 8.10.

Beans

Hi to everyone!
    I'm trying to run screenlet on my mini 12 using metacity wihtout compiz effects activeted,when i swicht-on metacity as compositing manager they run properly but if i try to play a video it's not fluent.Do you know why?
    Another thing,when i resume from suspend the audio doesn't work.
    Thanks
    I'm italian so if my english is bad help me to improve it!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tomfool View Post
    Hi to everyone!
    I'm trying to run screenlet on my mini 12 using metacity wihtout compiz effects activeted,when i swicht-on metacity as compositing manager they run properly but if i try to play a video it's not fluent.Do you know why?
    Thanks
    suspend works fine for me, on kernel 2.6.31-20, adding these options to boot
    acpi_backlight=vendor acpi_skip_timer_override

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tomfool View Post
    Hi to everyone!
    Thanks
    please, read this thread carefully and add kernel options suggested by fitzkarraldo.
    about sound: this is a 'hda-intel: spurious response' bug and nobody knows how to fix it [not fixed neither by ubuntu community nor by intel]
    someone says that adding to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf 'options snd-hda-intel model=acer' works but not for me. it works until I resume from suspend. but it is better than nothing: without this line you may lose your sound right in any moment.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sol1tude View Post
    about sound: this is a 'hda-intel: spurious response' bug and nobody knows how to fix it [not fixed neither by ubuntu community nor by intel]
    someone says that adding to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf 'options snd-hda-intel model=acer' works but not for me. it works until I resume from suspend. but it is better than nothing: without this line you may lose your sound right in any moment.
    sol1tude,
    sound problem was solved on my machine in this way:
    * upgrade alsa to 1.0.22.1, you can compile it or upgrade through backports
    * add this line to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
    options snd-hda-intel model=dell

after this changes sound works fine, even after suspend/hibernate.

hope it helps!

Beans

10.4 on the mini 12? Jolicloud works out of the box (it seems that everything works except for the ability to change screen resolutions). I'm hoping that means the latest Ubuntu works too! Does it?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Many users are trying... You can follow our efforts to port mandriva's patches on this thread.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post
    10.4 on the mini 12? Jolicloud works out of the box (it seems that everything works except for the ability to change screen resolutions). I'm hoping that means the latest Ubuntu works too! Does it?
    No, at least not yet. The only reason Jolicloud works is because its xserver is an older version, 1.6.4, same as in Karmic.

Beans

Any news on Lucid on the Mini 12?

I'll check the GMA500 thread too, but I'm hoping to get a quick answer if anyone knows…
    Jesus saves, I backup.

Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 357583848586 LastLast