Thread: Ubuntu 10.10 Blank Screen on ASUS Eee 1001p

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Ubuntu 10.10 Blank Screen on ASUS Eee 1001p

I recently installed Ubuntu 10.10 Desktop Edition solely on my Asus Eee PC 1001P. The installation went well and everything looked fine. But every time I try to boot it makes the start up sound, but the screen is just black.. It looks like it's off. So I tried plugging it into an external display and it worked perfectly. It appeared as though everything was running normally. I just can't get the laptop display to work. Can anyone help me out with this?

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 Blank Screen on ASUS Eee 1001p

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterssong19114 View Post
    I recently installed Ubuntu 10.10 Desktop Edition solely on my Asus Eee PC 1001P. The installation went well and everything looked fine. But every time I try to boot it makes the start up sound, but the screen is just black.. It looks like it's off. So I tried plugging it into an external display and it worked perfectly. It appeared as though everything was running normally. I just can't get the laptop display to work. Can anyone help me out with this?
    The Fn key with the brightness keys (Fn + F5 , F6) , should lighten things up. The problem is the acpi_osi needs to be added to your grub file. Well , that's one solution, and I've tried an acpi.sh script one, and adding various files and then grub fix as well. Search the forum for "asus acpi brightness " ed