Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 357583848586 LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 858

Thread: Installing on the Dell Mini 12

  1. #841
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Beans
    1

    Re: Installing on the Dell Mini 12

    I'm new to ubuntu and the forum, just wanted to see if you all could help me with a problem..im trying to install ubuntu 8.10 on my mini 12 (it had xp before) but it only gets to the ''scanning disks'' part of the partitioner, then it simply freezes. Any ideas? thanks a bunch

  2. #842
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA, USA
    Beans
    925
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Installing on the Dell Mini 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagodem View Post
    I'm new to ubuntu and the forum, just wanted to see if you all could help me with a problem..im trying to install ubuntu 8.10 on my mini 12 (it had xp before) but it only gets to the ''scanning disks'' part of the partitioner, then it simply freezes. Any ideas? thanks a bunch
    Simple idea: do not install 8.10.

  3. #843
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Beans
    32

    Re: Installing on the Dell Mini 12

    Hi to everyone!
    I'm trying to run screenlet on my mini 12 using metacity wihtout compiz effects activeted,when i swicht-on metacity as compositing manager they run properly but if i try to play a video it's not fluent.Do you know why?
    Another thing,when i resume from suspend the audio doesn't work.
    Thanks
    I'm italian so if my english is bad help me to improve it!

  4. #844
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    italy
    Beans
    33

    Re: Installing on the Dell Mini 12

    Quote Originally Posted by tomfool View Post
    Hi to everyone!
    I'm trying to run screenlet on my mini 12 using metacity wihtout compiz effects activeted,when i swicht-on metacity as compositing manager they run properly but if i try to play a video it's not fluent.Do you know why?
    Another thing,when i resume from suspend the audio doesn't work.
    Thanks
    I'm italian so if my english is bad help me to improve it!
    suspend works fine for me, on kernel 2.6.31-20, adding these options to boot
    acpi_backlight=vendor acpi_skip_timer_override

  5. #845
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Beans
    18

    Re: Installing on the Dell Mini 12

    Quote Originally Posted by tomfool View Post
    Hi to everyone!
    I'm trying to run screenlet on my mini 12 using metacity wihtout compiz effects activeted,when i swicht-on metacity as compositing manager they run properly but if i try to play a video it's not fluent.Do you know why?
    Another thing,when i resume from suspend the audio doesn't work.
    Thanks
    I'm italian so if my english is bad help me to improve it!
    please, read this thread carefully and add kernel options suggested by fitzkarraldo.
    about sound: this is a 'hda-intel: spurious response' bug and nobody knows how to fix it [not fixed neither by ubuntu community nor by intel]
    someone says that adding to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf 'options snd-hda-intel model=acer' works but not for me. it works until I resume from suspend. but it is better than nothing: without this line you may lose your sound right in any moment.

  6. #846
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    italy
    Beans
    33

    Re: Installing on the Dell Mini 12

    Quote Originally Posted by sol1tude View Post
    about sound: this is a 'hda-intel: spurious response' bug and nobody knows how to fix it [not fixed neither by ubuntu community nor by intel]
    someone says that adding to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf 'options snd-hda-intel model=acer' works but not for me. it works until I resume from suspend. but it is better than nothing: without this line you may lose your sound right in any moment.
    sol1tude,
    sound problem was solved on my machine in this way:
    * upgrade alsa to 1.0.22.1, you can compile it or upgrade through backports
    * add this line to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
    options snd-hda-intel model=dell

    after this changes sound works fine, even after suspend/hibernate.

    hope it helps!

  7. #847
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    16

    Re: Installing on the Dell Mini 12

    10.4 on the mini 12? Jolicloud works out of the box (it seems that everything works except for the ability to change screen resolutions). I'm hoping that means the latest Ubuntu works too! Does it?

  8. #848
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Parma, Italy
    Beans
    679
    Distro
    Kubuntu

    Re: Installing on the Dell Mini 12

    Many users are trying... You can follow our efforts to port mandriva's patches on this thread.

  9. #849
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Installing on the Dell Mini 12

    Quote Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post
    10.4 on the mini 12? Jolicloud works out of the box (it seems that everything works except for the ability to change screen resolutions). I'm hoping that means the latest Ubuntu works too! Does it?
    No, at least not yet. The only reason Jolicloud works is because its xserver is an older version, 1.6.4, same as in Karmic.

  10. #850
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Beans
    32

    Re: Installing on the Dell Mini 12

    Any news on Lucid on the Mini 12?

    I'll check the GMA500 thread too, but I'm hoping to get a quick answer if anyone knows…
    Jesus saves, I backup.

Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 357583848586 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •