Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So is there no way to get and install ubuntu lite on my internet-less laptop...?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: So is there no way to get and install ubuntu lite on my internet-less laptop...?

Quote Originally Posted by oldos2er View Post
    no no , i mean where can i "download" the alternate or desktop of ubuntu lite...?
    Ubuntu 10.10 user..
    Registered Linux user #419240.
    "Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect." -- Linus Torvalds.

Beans

Re: So is there no way to get and install ubuntu lite on my internet-less laptop...?

Quote Originally Posted by jason.b.c View Post
    no no , i mean where can i "download" the alternate or desktop of ubuntu lite...?
    ubuntu lite does not have a alternate cd, from what I have read you are installing a base ubuntu system then running a script to install your desktop file manager etc...
    If you are wanting to install Ubuntu (not lite) then you can download the alternate or desktop version from here
    Or you can order a Ubuntu desktop cd from shipit as mentioned which will cost you nothing and will take about 6-8 weeks to get to you.
    Last edited by Partyboi2; December 19th, 2008 at 01:45 AM.
    Ubuntu Newbie Help: irc: #beginners-help on network irc.freenode.net
    Help others, mark your threads solved.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

bump
    Ubuntu 10.10 user..
    Registered Linux user #419240.
    "Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect." -- Linus Torvalds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12