Thread: Enabling Touchscreen on Transnote

Beans

Cool Enabling Touchscreen on Transnote

Hi, this is my first post on the ubuntu forums.

I have installed xubuntu on an IBM transnote and I am really impressed with it's performance compared to windows.
    The transnote has a touch screen and I have been trying to follow these instructions to install drivers for it.

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/FlipTouch
    I have trouble with this step
    Unpack the driver and copy transnote_drv.o to /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input.
    Because I cannot find 'lib' inside X11R6

I was wondering if I have done something wrong or if the xubuntu/ubuntu file system is slightly different to the linux norm and I need to go to a different folder?

Please get back to me.

Beans

Re: Enabling Touchscreen on Transnote

A: yay I seem to be first response
    B: Depending on the file system you chose, it shouldn't be different from any other linux comp you have used, depending on what you chose at install.
    C: wow first post I'm still astonished.
    D: The transnote doesn't have a touch screen. The original packaging had a pen with the computer. This pen contained 4 small watch batteries (no idea what size because I have never had the pen), a small metal point, and the pen ink cartridge that the little metal point went to. The pen was electrically charged or something and would, in very small amounts, poke the screen. The screen would sense it with the drivers and pinpoint it as much as a touch screen would; but rather than a poke, it would be a small zap. The zap would hit a panel in the screen and it would be mapped.

However, the paper side is a touchpad device. I know more about the screen than the touchpad itself. I'm not sure if you mean the touchpad or the screen.

Hopefully you still have the computer. It's a rare find nowadays.

E: wow really first post???

Beans

Re: Enabling Touchscreen on Transnote

Necromancy FTW

Thread closed.