Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KDE broken with updates

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

[SOLVED] KDE broken with updates

If anyone was thinking of installing those KDE updates, I wouldn't recommend it. It broke my desktop. It is semi-usable through Alt+F2, but the panel is completely fubar. Even after I deleted the .kde folder.

EDIT: The repos have been updated. All's well.
    Last edited by Progressive; December 17th, 2008 at 04:40 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Re: KDE broken with updates

You do know that's completely useless information right?

Maybe if you had provided:
    * version of Ubuntu
    * version of KDE installed
    * which components of KDE are misfunctioning and how, exactly
    * if you're using the backports repositories
    * or any list of third party repos

the post would have been a little more useful. But you have time to fix your mistake now A bug report would help as well, but answer these first so people can determine
    a) the severity
    b) the number of people affected

Beans
    Distro

Ok, you're using Jaunty, hadn't noticed the forum this was in (got here via RSS feeds)... Anyway, the other info would still be helpful for a bug report. I'm using the stable version, so I can't help ya :/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Progressive View Post
    If anyone was thinking of installing those KDE updates, I wouldn't recommend it. It broke my desktop. It is semi-usable through Alt+F2, but the panel is completely fubar. Even after I deleted the .kde folder.
    Wait a couple of days because they are kind a slow. This happened before for the Beta 1. We are now at Beta 2 but there are still a number of kde* in Beta 1.
    OB-untu. #!crunchbang

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I'm interested in upgrading my machine to KDE 4.2 Beta 2, so if anyone has a successful installation of that let us know so I know when I can update mine.

Beans

I updated earlier and had a load of KDE updates, rebooted after they had finished and everything seems to be working so looks like problem is fixed

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Thanks, I just updated. It doesn't seem like every last package has been updated to beta 2 yet, so maybe other packages will come along soon.

4.2 Beta 2 still hasn't been uploaded for Intrepid as far as I can tell though, which is a bummer, since I use both Intrepid and Jaunty.

Beans
    Distro

I can confirm that the main problems are fixed. Also, the new xserver updates got DRI2 working out of the box!

My my, ATI sure has come a long way!

64bit is 100% functional, kde 4.2 works like a dream and it isn't even officially "stable" yet. I am using it now as my main working environment. Even my X-Fi soundcard has OSS drivers.

The year of the linux desktop has arrived... as far as I'm concerned anyways.

Beans
    Distro

I still have a problem but don't know if it's related, my kicker start panel shows but the contents are missing & only the outline is there! I have the same problem with alt F2 but I type in 5 letters of the app & hit enter! Is this a screwed profile I wonder.

Cary
    Ubuntu user 7859 registered Linux user 470405
    The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859"
    Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz,
    NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Progressive View Post
    I can confirm that the main problems are fixed. Also, the new xserver updates got DRI2 working out of the box!

My my, ATI sure has come a long way!

64bit is 100% functional, kde 4.2 works like a dream and it isn't even officially "stable" yet. I am using it now as my main working environment. Even my X-Fi soundcard has OSS drivers.

The year of the linux desktop has arrived... as far as I'm concerned anyways.
    And did you notice Konqueror now rocks? Pages now loads quick - very quick and snappy, and 64-bit flash is now as good as any browser.
    OB-untu. #!crunchbang

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast