Thread: Can you order 64bit CDs????

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Question Can you order 64bit CDs????

Sorry if this question was already answered, but I don't see anywhere on the ubuntu.com website where you can order 64bit CDs. I see that you can download the 64bit versions, but not order them.

Has anyone been able to order the 64bit desktop version and if so can you post the link? Thank you.
    sudo apt-get me better grades

Beans

Re: Can you order 64bit CDs????

Sure you can.

It should be on the same page where you order the 32bit ones.

Therion is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

You have to create an account with ShipIt and then simply request the 64bit version.

https://shipit.ubuntu.com/login

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

It certainly isn't obvious as to how you would request the 64 bit version, although I'm sure you can.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I don't think they're shipping 64bit CDs through shipit this time around. They don't have the option to request 32bit or 64bit anymore. I and many other people here have requested 64bit CDs through the special request form and only received 32bit copies. Kind of sucks for those of us stuck on dialup or have limited bandwidth. You can still buy the DVD version, which includes the 32bit and 64bit versions, through amazon, the canonical shop or various other online distributors but it kind of sucks being forced to pay for something most other people are getting for free. Then there's the issue that maybe you don't have a DVD drive. I'm in no rush to get the 64 bit version so I'll just wait it out until I can get my hands on a copy.