Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Drunk Ubuntu Foruming

Beans

Re: Drunk Ubuntu Foruming

Quote Originally Posted by Sand & Mercury View Post
    I find myself to be far more productive while drunk, and make far less mistakes.

It's amusing to hear when folks come onto various forums I visit after they've had apparently 3 or 4 beers, and purposely type incoherently and lace their sentences with grammar errors to appear more drunk than they actually are.
    yer , i get what you mean where people purposly type bad, so that people ask if there drunk, so they can then bost about how much they have drunk, people on msn are alot worse for this then forums are

Last new years was rather amusing, i told my mate that my keyboard was water proof and he didnt believe me so i poured a glass of punch, on the keyboard, and the floor, and had to change the carpet, becuase it made it very sticky even after using the carpet cleaner many times.
    Last edited by markp1989; December 19th, 2008 at 02:24 PM.
    Desktop:i7 875k|4gb OCZ platinum ddr3 2000|Evga P55 LE mobo|OCZ RevoDrive 50gb|ATI 5850 Black Edition|Silverstone FT02|corsair tx650
    Portable: 13" Macbook Pro 2.8ghz i7 16gb RAM | Asus EEE TF101 | Samsung Galaxy S2

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by RiceMonster View Post
    Same reason you'd want to acquire any other taste. Because you'll really enjoy it once you do. Plus, drinking is a form of socialization, but that's your own choice if you want to get involved in that.

If you have to drink to socialization then I pity you. It's quite possible to meet people and have a good time with out drinking. The last time I drank alcohol the person next to me had just got through her second bottle of vodka. Now I'm not saying everyone drinks like this, but I would rather avoid the stuff altogether. As for really enjoying it when you aquire the taste, I really enjoy eating coriander but that's an acquired taste. There are many other things that you can acquire the taste for, and most of them don't make you look like a fool at the end of the day. You could say the smoking is an acquired taste and is also a form of socialization but I don't think that many people on this forum would recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by RiceMonster View Post
    By the way, to drink socially does not have to mean "get hammered and act like an idiot."
    Not a good point to post in a thread about drunk forum posting. A lot of this thread has been about stupid acts people have done.

In the end, it comes down to whether or not you want to drink poison. Alcohol poisoning kills 79,000 people per year, and that is just the United States. Think of the total death toll all over the world from all alcohol related illnesses and accidents.

BTW: Nothing in this post should be taken as a direct insult to anyone. I have not set out to offend anyone. If you disagree, post a rational reply.
    Launchpad Questions for Ubuntu

I use the latest release of kde. And yet I am still at peace with myself.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

A bottle of red wine, a keyboard and e-bay - not a recommended combination.
    "The MS Explorer, which had been in service since the 1960s, had recently undergone repairs"

Beans

I'm epic. Can I join your club?

Keep in mind, I have no intention of ever doing that again. Might consider some *cough* other substances, though. <.<

Beans

yeah I am rather drunk now too... but I find myself making sure I do not make mistakes, so I am probably better with typing and what I say when drunk. perhaps that is just what I think... then people laugh at me the next day.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Yea baby, yea!!! I'm drunk right now!!! put that in your pipe and smoke it...
    Something zero possible is nothing! oh yea, hit me up if you need help on ICQ with ubuntu....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

I'd rather not, it might cause second-degree burns on my face.
    He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
    -Thomas Paine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I have been drunk on my computer before. I tend to watch videos when I'm drunk. Watching Poni Poni Dash after a half bottle of Wild Turkey was interesting.
    If I don't reply to something, just PM me and let me know, college can be trying at times.
    Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by Grant A. View Post
    <linux fanboy>
    The Microsoft developers program drunk all the time.
    </linux fanboy>

I don't drink beer, too young, it's damaging, and a sin.
    Last I check my huge repository Church Fathers and Bibles, drinking beer wasn't a sin.

I have drank because of Ubuntu, does that count? I have a Mac, and this is right after the hard drive decided to die...it's a good reason.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I tried foruming while drunk, but it only made me really really angry, so I shut the computer off and slept for fifteen hours.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567