Quote Originally Posted by dannytatom View Post
    Oh snap, my friend moved to Hot Springs a few months ago. Small world. :O

Where ya livin' now?
    Kansas

Beans

Re: Drunk Ubuntu Foruming

Quote Originally Posted by acelin View Post
    Anyone ever done this?

Surfing Ubuntu Forums, or even worse, doing system work in Ubuntu or any OS while drunk?
    yes, i usually have a unfriendly messages from the mod(s) the next day.
    Semper Fi

My Non-Ubuntu Blog.
    All posts by me are Public Domain.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Drunk web surfing? As long as your credit card is safely put away, whats the worst thing that could happen??

on a somewhat relative note, I would never recommend anyone attempt this, but I did one of the biggest unplanned IT disaster recoveries I've ever done in my career thus far pretty tanked...

Long story short, was Friday night at about 8:30PM. I went to the bar, the VIP of IT happened to be there doing shots with me. Something went down at work. There were others the company could have called besides me. They felt I was the only one who could have done it. I told them I was in no condition to work that night. They called me in knowing full well my condition. Very stupid move on their part, and my part too.. Needless to say, after the new hardware was drop shipped, everything was recovered without incident, and I got there and home in one piece. Thankfully, I doubt I will ever be put into that position again.

Moral of the story: Drinking and Surfing is OK, just not drinking and driving, or drinking and being the only person on staff comfortable with Solaris when something breaks... Oh, and if your employer ever tries to force you to drive to work on your own time after you've said you were under the influence, CYA!
    Last edited by toupeiro; December 15th, 2008 at 11:16 AM.
    "Its easy to come up with new ideas, the hard part is letting go of what worked for you two years ago, but will soon be out of date." -Roger von Oech

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by acelin View Post
    Anyone ever done this?

Surfing Ubuntu Forums, or even worse, doing system work in Ubuntu or any OS while drunk?
    Yes, more than once.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I have a USB breathalyser that, upon failing the test, prevents me from posting to these forums, sending e-mail to ex-wives and using sudo. Now if I could only get one installed on my phone...
    Don't try to make something "fast" until you are able to quantify "slow".

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ooh, lol. Never been drunk personally, Ill break that record the SECOND I turn 21 xD
    These days, my computers change so much, all I can say for sure here is ubuntu.

Beans

Done it many times, usually I wake up with an unbootable system or a new OS installed (actually that happens quite often when im sober aswell lol)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

After about a year of doing different drugs, I've become a ninja master at pretending to be sober when interacting with people, so I usually don't have any problems navigating forums when I'm intoxicated.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by vor View Post
    I have a USB breathalyser that, upon failing the test, prevents me from posting to these forums, sending e-mail to ex-wives and using sudo. Now if I could only get one installed on my phone...
    Hehehe, don't drink and dial, you know the routine.

Due to my drunken usage of the internet, until last month I had a Nokia N800, an EEEPC 701, a Thinkpad X31, a Toshiba 15 incher, an iAudio Cowon mp3 player, an Aopen Xcube and a Benfica associate card.

I'm keeping the N800 and the Xcube, and now have a new laptop which is the result of a 3 hour lunch with my brother.

Can you give me the link to your USB breathalyzer?

BTW, @ magmon: take your time, don't hurry. You have a lot of time ahead to get wasted, don't waste it (pun intended) all in your first one.
    N800 in my pocket, Acer 1410 in my backpack, Thinkpad X31 on a shrine

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast