Thread: Unable to switch user

Beans

[SOLVED] Unable to switch user

8.10, quite fresh installation.

When I try to switch from one user to another screen goes blank black and it just stays there, completely unresponsive except for reset button.

Right now the only way for me to switch user is to log off with A and login with B... hardly a switch, don't you think?

Anyone?
    Last edited by fmb; December 14th, 2008 at 10:08 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Unable to switch user

It seems it may have to do with compiz, so you can turn off compiz before switching and it should work. I did find this, you can see if it helps

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ht=switch+user
    Never wade in water you're afraid to swim in unless it's the Linux pond, cause there's always a life ring in the forums

Beans

I'm afraid that didn't help. I had to install Compiz Settings Manager, but actually due to another bug I have Visual Effects disabled.

Might I add, that I have ATI card, Radeon HD3650 using fglrx. Those are known to be seriously screwed up occasionally... But is that the case now?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

When I was searching I did see some references to ATI cards. I was doing advanced search "switch user" Title only when I saw them, you might want to try that to see if there is something else to help you
    Never wade in water you're afraid to swim in unless it's the Linux pond, cause there's always a life ring in the forums

Beans

[SOLVED] Unable to switch user

It kinda did... I reverted display driver to default non-proprietary one. And it works like a charm. Seems like ATI screwed up again...