Thread: [SOLVED] 8.1 on a 32 inch flat screen

Beans

[SOLVED] 8.1 on a 32 inch flat screen

How can I get my desk top to display properly? I set the screen res to the native res of flat screen ( 1366 x 768) and the desk top computer is set to 1360 x 768 this is as close as I can get, but the top and bottom of the desk top is displayed outside of the view area. I can access the menus but just can't see them. Makes it tough when trying to shut down computer.I am using a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H mother board with on board graphics. Can I customize the display choices in the list when changing the screen resolution?

Beans

Re: 8.1 on a 32 inch flat screen

Which onboard graphic card controller does it have? Look in System -> Administration -> Hardware Drivers to see if your graphic card is on the list.
    In the world of Linux, who needs Windows and Gates...

Got most of my golden beans at an auction on eBay (with a couple of free drinks).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

is it a tv? because if it is it might have a zoom function on it(mine does) which can cause some of the picture to be out of frame. try looking up the manual for this.

Beans

no zoom function set, mobo has hdmi output which I am using,the drivers say proprietary ATI/AMD drivers FGLRX but it will not let me activate them.

Beans

Smile Re: 8.1 on a 32 inch flat screen

Thanks for the tip, it took someone to smack me in the back of the head to get the gray matter between my ears moving. Got the drivers all works good now.THANKS!!!