Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not able to access server files, please help

Beans

Re: Not able to access server files, please help

Quote Originally Posted by campbuds View Post
    isn't that a web browser?

how about printing to the server printer? how would that be affected?
    It is a web browser but when it opens it allows access to network files. For me I just start Konqueror I get a start page with a few options with one of the options being network folders. When network folders is clicked it pulls the option of choosing between samba shares and adding a network folder. Clicking on samba shares should pull up a list of your available networks. Once you picked the correct network its simply a matter of clicking on the correct server to log into it using your user name and password. As for server printers mine is working without any problems since I set it up so if your printer is having trouble I would suggest posting your printer settings so that I or someone else can look at them to see if there is anything we can do to get it working.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I installed Konquerer, but when I click on the shortcut to navigate things like the network, a thing shows up on the panel saying "launching conquerer" but then nothing happens.

Beans

I don´t have much experience with Konqueror since I only started to use it for the network file work around until everything is fixed with the normal way of accessing network files. The only suggestion that I could give you is to reinstall konqueror and see if it works.

Beans
    Distro

Konquerer works to access the files in Kubuntu.

But I still cannot access the server files in ubuntu

Beans
    Distro

ok, i can access all but the secure server filess. It said something about not being able to determine the security or something like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12