Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Youtube fullscreen bug with dual monitors

Beans

Re: Youtube fullscreen bug with dual monitors

Bump. I've had problems since at least 9.04 with this. Any ideas on it? It's not just youtube, and different flash players seem to have different problems with the display, although youtube is generally the worst of them all.

Beans

bump

Beans

I get this too. I think its youtube's fault. They're probably evaluating the full desktop size (3000x1024 or whatever) and then rendering to that, then shrinking it or something. So you end up with a small image in the middle of one monitor.

Youtube doesn't appear to have any way to report a bug, so bleh

Beans

Just giving this thread a bumpty bump since I'm having the very same problem. Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT

Beans

I bypass this bug by fetching the fully buffered Flash video file from /tmp/ and just watching it in Totem, which enters fullscreen just fine in dual monitor setups.

Beans

Bump!!! I am having the same problem with youtube videos. If anyone know how to fix this, please show us.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wizi View Post
    Bump!!! I am having the same problem with youtube videos. If anyone know how to fix this, please show us.
    I've given up on YouTube itself, but I have a powerful alternative. I just wait for the video to buffer all the way. Then, I go into the folder /tmp and grab the video file from there. It'll have some title like "Flashx9dhfg9h3". Just copy, paste, and rename it. Play it in your media player, and full screen mode works fine there. Flash is an abomination.
    Code:
    while (homework > 0) happiness--;
    // Don't worry. I'm a multithreaded program. ;)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I'm one of those having this issue as well, however, there is a neat workaround you might want to try.

It works by replacing the flash player on YouTube with an embedded Ubuntu movie player.

To do this you'll need FireFox, and the Greasemonkey extension with the Youtube without Flash Auto script installed.

Once you do this, YouTube videos will play nicely in full screen, and might even handle those HD videos nicely if your pc had trouble viewing them with the flash player.

Enjoy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have the same issue, I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 on a HP Pavilion dv2000 with NVidia graphic card (can't remember the model) and using Twinview.

It pretty annoying but I thought it was because my second monitor is actually my TV.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I don't think it's an NVidia cards only issue, since I'm using a Dell Vostro 1500 laptop, which has the Intel GM965 integrated graphics controller, and the same problem happens when an external monitor is connected.

This has been happening in Ubuntu 10.10, 10.04, 9.10 and probably earlier.

Try the Greasemonkey script workaround until this is fixed, it works quite nicely.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast