Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daul Boot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Daul Boot

No problem. That's what the Ubuntu Community is here for!

Yes, it would have been a bit easier if you asked first, but hey! If this works, you now know enough to at least point people in the right direction. Operating an Ubuntu machine, just like any other computer system, involves ciertain risks, such as the possiblity of accidentilly screwing something up. I've been there and done that, and that's why backups are important.

Anyways, post back if you need further help or if this worked for you.

Happy Ubuntuing
    |>[HowTo] Bump The BUMP Thread<||>Stats<||>19k<||>23k<||>26k<||>34k<||>37k<||>38k<||>39k<||>40k<|

Quote Originally Posted by lukjad007
    Backups are usually a good thing unless it's a sewer.

Beans

I don't mean to butt in after you've understood how to do it, but there is one question that is nagging me.

How are you going to install Windows XP? Did you buy the CD at a store or did it come with the computer?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by icanfly0307 View Post
    I don't mean to butt in after you've understood how to do it, but there is one question that is nagging me.

How are you going to install Windows XP? Did you buy the CD at a store or did it come with the computer?
    Well i am sure that some things can't be said on this forum. But i know for a fact that Torrents have made things easily available. If i owned an original copy of "windows xp oem" i would have a product code as well as a copy of xp installation disk. If i lost the disk i would at least have the product code (found on the bottom of a laptop or side of desktop computer).
    For dual boot I don't think system recovery disk are good enough as they don't have the options you need.

Beans

Gotcha.

Beans

Wow did i just help some one......thats wierd

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Cluster:
    If you're done with this thread,please mark it solved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12