Thread: [SOLVED] GtK record my desktop will not work

Beans

[SOLVED] GtK record my desktop will not work

It says recordmydesktop has exited with status: 228
    Description: Cannot open file for writing. I don't know what the problem is or how to fix it. I am on 8.10 intrepid ibex if that helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: GtK record my desktop will not work

Check that you have write permission to the location you are trying to save the file. Also check that you have write permission to the working directory. To check the first click on "Save As", the check the second click on "Advanced" and look under the files tab. The working directory should be set to /tmp by default. That should work. If it is not set there make it so, or change it to your home directory.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by glennric View Post
    Check that you have write permission to the location you are trying to save the file. Also check that you have write permission to the working directory. To check the first click on "Save As", the check the second click on "Advanced" and look under the files tab. The working directory should be set to /tmp by default. That should work. If it is not set there make it so, or change it to your home directory.
    I tried that and still same message

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalJedi View Post
    I tried that and still same message
    Nevermind I got it to work there was no free space where I was saving thanks