Thread: Small toolbar icons for gnome applications

Beans

Small toolbar icons for gnome applications

I was looking for a way to change the size of the toolbar icons of GNumeric and AbiWord applications. But I didn't find an application for it (except for the gconf editor).

The solution that worked for me was the follow one:

Code:
    gconftool-2 --set --type=string /desktop/gnome/interface/toolbar_icons_size "small-toolbar"
    That's change the toolbar size of all gnome applications, what was good for me. Sometimes I need more room on my desktop, mainly when I'm using a small laptop screen.

Anyway, for restoring the default large icons run the follow command:

Code:
    gconftool-2 --set --type=string /desktop/gnome/interface/toolbar_icons_size "large-toolbar"

Is there an gnome application (GUI) to do it ?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Small toolbar icons for gnome applications

Quote Originally Posted by golimpio View Post
    I was looking for a way to change the size of the toolbar icons of GNumeric and AbiWord applications. But I didn't find an application for it (except for the gconf editor).

The solution that worked for me was the follow one:

Code:
    gconftool-2 --set --type=string /desktop/gnome/interface/toolbar_icons_size "small-toolbar"
    That's change the toolbar size of all gnome applications, what was good for me. Sometimes I need more room on my desktop, mainly when I'm using a small laptop screen.

Anyway, for restoring the default large icons run the follow command:

Code:
    gconftool-2 --set --type=string /desktop/gnome/interface/toolbar_icons_size "large-toolbar"
    Is there an gnome application (GUI) to do it ?

Thanks
    gimp

Beans

Re: Small toolbar icons for gnome applications

There is a GUI Gnome configuration tool gconf-editor so that you can make these same kinds of changes.