Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tailgaters

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Re: Tailgaters

Because in most states (presuming you're in the US) it is incumbent on the slower traffic to move right. In some nations (Germany) it is illegal for slower traffic to impede faster traffic when the slow lane is available for the slower traffic to merge into. It is also illegal for the faster traffic to pass on the slow side. I know the terms seem odd but I forget if Germany is left-fast, right-slow or vice versa. In short, if the slow lane was open and you were toodling along in the fast lane impeding faster traffic, even if it is one vehicle in a 100 stretch mile of road, you are the problem.
    Warning: Any code examples I write are probably untested and contain bugs. Do not execute directly. Look for intent, not accuracy, please!
    L.A.G. - Jobs Dissembles - 2010/4/29

Beans

Australia here. In my state (WA) it is illegal to sit in the right-lane if the speed limit is 90 or above. This was an 80 zone. There were two cars to the left of me the whole time, so I couldn't go over.
    There aren't supposed to be "fast and slow" lanes, just all lanes with the same speed limit. It's people think they should be when they're not. If only I was in a cop car sometimes.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Greyed View Post
    In short, if the slow lane was open and you were toodling along in the fast lane impeding faster traffic, even if it is one vehicle in a 100 stretch mile of road, you are the problem.
    +1

We drive on the left hand side of the road here. The general rule is keep left, pass right. Some idiots however sit in the fast lane doing 80-100km/h when the speed limit is 120km/h although people generally drive faster.

Not keeping a 2sec (more in the wet) save following distance is also idiotic

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Well, at least your people go at 80-100km/h

You gotta see what happens here in Costa Rica. In theory, left lane is for fast traffic, and the right one is for slow....
    Well, in reality, the slow traffic LOVE to go in the left lane and they just wont move for anything (unless they see a cop). The right lane is for equally slow traffic. They are the problem, (when i say slow, it is slooow, say 40km/h when the speed limit is 100km/h) but they just dont care/think about it.
    Ubuntu Printer Support | Restricted Formats
    KDE 4.4 is amazing!
    I'm learning Ruby yay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12