Thread: [SOLVED] Open Office 3.0 Issues (Blank menus)

Beans

[SOLVED] Open Office 3.0 Issues (Blank menus)

A little backtrack-Fresh install of Interpid which came with OOo 2.4. When I first tried to use OOo 2.4 I had this issue so I figured updating to 3.0 would resolve it. It was resolved but now the problem has become intermittent.

The Problem- Everything is blank, context menus, any options ect. all show up blank. I have no idea what is causing this maybe someone here can help. I've tried removing and re-installing OOo 3.0 with no change. And the issue appears in all programs in the OOo suite.

Pics:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Open Office 3.0 Issues (Blank menus)

Never wade in water you're afraid to swim in unless it's the Linux pond, cause there's always a life ring in the forums

Beans

Thanks it fixed my problem, but I wish I knew why the issue would appear, than disappear for a few days then return. I searched for at least 20 mins. typing everything from Open Office blank menu/gui/context menus and I couldn't find it! What did you type in the search?

Beans
    Distro

Ah, now there is the rub, the search program on the forum brings up way to diverse results for me
    A. You can do advance search (tick title only),
    B. What I do is google: Ubuntu Forums (Linux Forums if looking non OS specific) "specific problem"

Doing this brings up more relevant results for me Have fun
    Never wade in water you're afraid to swim in unless it's the Linux pond, cause there's always a life ring in the forums

Beans

Oo I see. Now I have quite a different issue the new font change hurts my eyes ='( I guess I'll try to figure out what works best for my eyes and OOo3. I've got to say I've been running Linux for about 2 weeks (came from all my life using Windows) and I've been enjoying it so far. I've had some issues (sound/display/flash) but fixed all of them with about 45 mins and some decent googling. I appreciate people like you in the Linux community for the help, seriously bro it's people like you that make this tranisition a lot smoother.

Beans
    Distro

Well thank you very much, it's nice when efforts are appreciated. Welcome to linux, and enjoy. Since your basic problem is solved, please go to tools and mark this as solved. If you need more assistance, don't be afraid to ask.