Thread: flash help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Red face flash help

When I open a website that has flash items all i see is a circle with a play button in the middle. When I click on it, it hangs the flash app and wont load. I am using Ubuntu 8.04 with firefox 3. I have flash 9 and 10 plug-ins installed and have tryed the ubuntu-restricted-extras package, no help. When i disable the flash 9 plug-in all flash goes away eventhough the flash 10 plug-in is still active. I can enable/disable the flash 10 plug-in with no changes in the pages I load. The websites I am having trouble with are campus.ctuoline.com and hulu.com..

How can I fix this to be able to have my flash chat session for college work properly in firefox????

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Re: flash help

did you try to install multiple versions of flashplayer? This can cause problems. You should remove previous versions prior to installing newer versions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by mscout2004 View Post
    When I open a website that has flash items all i see is a circle with a play button in the middle. When I click on it, it hangs the flash app and wont load. I am using Ubuntu 8.04 with firefox 3. I have flash 9 and 10 plug-ins installed and have tryed the ubuntu-restricted-extras package, no help. When i disable the flash 9 plug-in all flash goes away eventhough the flash 10 plug-in is still active. I can enable/disable the flash 10 plug-in with no changes in the pages I load. The websites I am having trouble with are campus.ctuoline.com and hulu.com..

How can I fix this to be able to have my flash chat session for college work properly in firefox????
    I'd recommend un-installing all versions of flash installed so far and sticking with the flashplugin-nonfree package from the repositories. The current problem is, most probably, different versions of flash conflicting with each other.

Beans
    Distro

It came with 9 on here so I installed 10 but it does absolutely nothing. I dont think the flash 10 i installed is working. Other then that the firefox 3 is untouched. I tryed unistalling 9 and just using 10 and it doesnt even reconize the flash is there.

Beans
    Distro

I tried uninstalling both 9 and 10 and reinstalling the nonfree flash plug-in and it still doesnt work.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

When you uninstalled flash, are you shure it was removed from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins? Simply marking it for removal will not always remove it, If you mark it for complete removal it will remove the program. If worse comes to worse, download the tarball from adobe, extract it and copy libflashplayer.so to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins. Restart firefox and you should be OK.

Jim