Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] VLC slow to start

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: [SOLVED] VLC slow to start

Quote Originally Posted by krychek View Post
    I don't understand why is this thread marked as "solved". The solution is to use another media player? I have the same issue with VLC. It's annoying to wait minutes until VLC finally starts. I couldn't find this bug reported on Launchpad.
    vlc starts for me in 1 second. To find out whats going on run it from the terminal. the command is just vlc.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by philinux View Post
    vlc starts for me in 1 second. To find out whats going on run it from the terminal. the command is just vlc.
    I can't test it right now but I guess it starts fast if I start it without any movie. How do I run from the command line with some movie? vlc /pathtomovies/movie.avi ? Probably I will find out how to do this, so you don't need to answer.

Beans

Ok, I tested it. VLC tries to connect to images.google.com. I don't have internet connection for my ubuntu box cuz I'm staying in a hotel this week. I don't think VLC should behave like this, it should start the video and then download whatever it wants to download.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

yeah changing isnt the right solution... ws driving me nuts the whole day... noticed if u disable the media player startup speed returns bak to normal, tools>preferences>advanced>playlist> uncheck mediaplayer

now someone else may elaborate on how to make it usable with the mediaplayer

tried smplayer but hv to play files at increased speeds and vlc da one which keeps the pitch intact

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12