Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MythVodka, (BBC iplayer plugin)

Beans

Question MythVodka, (BBC iplayer plugin)

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone has managed to get this new plugin working with Mythbuntu 8.04?

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythStreams

I had troubles compling it, but after a while i managed to get a .so file and put that into my plugins directory and have edited the xml files, however when running the plugin it comes up saying "cannot locate "streamsui" in theme "stream-""
    So not really sure what is wrong here. I have tried different themes (im just using the standard ones that come with mythbuntu)

I wonder if this can be packaged up into a .deb if someones successfully installed it?

Thanks

Graham

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: MythVodka, (BBC iplayer plugin)

Ooh, I'll certainly be having a go if get any time over the next week. iPlayer would be useful.

Beans

Found the issue with the error message.

I found that mythvokda came with its own "streams-ui.xml" file, which i then copied into the (current) themes directory for mythtv.

"/usr/share/mythtv/themes/Mythbuntu-8.04/"

Beans

Woo Hoo! After much playing around I have finally gotten this to work!

Beans
    Distro

And was it worth the effort?

Beans
    Distro

Well, I had a go, and the results have been less than optimal!

After finally managing to put (I think) the various bits in the right places (ie - not where the wiki says to put them) I at least goy Myth to try and run the plugin, but i get this error:
    Code:
    2008-12-09 20:58:39.344 MythPlugin::init() dlerror: /usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythvodka.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
    2008-12-09 20:58:39.344 Unable to initialize plugin 'mythvodka'.
    2008-12-09 20:58:39.344 Unable to run plugin 'mythvodka': not initialized
    ELFCLASS?

I mean - I know we're coming up to Christmas and all, but surely any class of elf should be able to do this stuff?

Does anyone know what this means? It's nothing to do with the fact that I'm running the AMD64 version of Ubuntu I suppose?

Edit: OK, I've searched on these forums (fora?) and this does indeed seem to be the problem - is there anything I can do about this, or should I just give up now - I'm not about to trash my Backend just so I can put the i386 version on and use iPlayer.

Or do plugins just need to be installed on the frontend? If so, my main frontend is i386...

TIA,

Simon

Beans
    Distro

Well, it seems to do something on a 32-bit install, although I'm still getting errors - think they're down to folders not being created. Hopfully I'll get a chance to investigate over the weekend. If I can get it going, I'll update the wiki for Mythbuntu 8.04: some of the file locations mentioned are wrong, and there's quite a bit missing (like remembering to make the get_iplayer script executable).

Beans

I'm trying this and keep getting error messages when I'm building it, such as

*** No rule to make target `/usr/qt/3/mkspecs/linux-g++/qmake.conf', needed by `Makefile'.

I think I have everything installed, any idea what I might be missing?

thanks.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."

Beans
    Distro

I think it's probably because there's another mythvodka subdirectory created. If you're in the first, it probably won't compile properly.

Here's what I had to do, I'm using Mythbuntu 8.04.1 (i386):

I've highlighted in red where it's different from the wiki

Code:
    cd /usr/share/mythtv
    wget http://www.bewhere.co.uk/mythvodka.04.tar.gz
    tar xzf mythvodka.04.tar.gz
    cd mythvodka/mythvodka
    rm Makefile (it was there for me)
    qmake mythvodka.pro
    make
    make install
    cp ../scripts/* /usr/local/bin/
    wget http://www.linuxcentre.net/get_iplayer/get_iplayer
    sudo chmod a+x get_iplayer
    sudo mv get_iplayer /usr/local/bin 
    sudo mv /mythtv/plugins/libmythvodka.so /usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythvodka.so
    There's a varable referenced in Makefile called INSTALL ROOT, but that seemed not to be correctly identified, I think that's the reason for the last line.

You also need to copy streams-ui.xml into the folder for the current theme you are using eg /usr/share/mythtv/themes/blootube
    I notice there's also a streams-ui.xml in the themes-wide folder, I guess this is supposed to be used for a w/s theme, but I used the other (didn't notice this one at first) and it's OK.

library.xml & media_settings.xml were in /usr/share/mythtv, not /usr/local/share/mythtv as the wiki page suggests.

Oh, and ensure you have mplayer installed

It works!

The revision 3 stuff, for some reason has a delay on the video, so I needed to add a couple of key definitions to the mplayer lircrc:

Code:
    begin
        prog = mplayer
        button = ArrowUp
        config = audio-delay 0.1
        repeat = 0
        delay = 0
    end

begin
        prog = mplayer
        button = Arrowdown
        config = audio-delay -0.1
        repeat = 0
        delay = 0
    end
    I added -audio-delay -0.4 into the commandline in playstream.xml, but it doesn't appear to do anything - I still need to manually adjust at the start of each video.

The iPlayer, at first appears not to work. Whatever title I select, I get the same one appering in the 'buffering' window, and the progress bar does nothing. After about 10s though, it plays. Not sure whether this is a problem with the get-iplayer script or maybe a premissions issue.

I'm prtty sure that's erverything I did to get it working

Beans

thanks for the tips - I now have an application that seems to run.

Problem is all the streams don't seem to work and the buffering screen has a Russell Brand quote.

Is it me or them?
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast