Thread: Places Menu Items Do Not Open After Removing PCManFM

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Angry Places Menu Items Do Not Open After Removing PCManFM

I have installed PCManFM in Ubuntu Intrepid a while ago and after finding some extensions for Nautilus File Manager, I decided to return to Nautilus, so uninstalled PCManFM.

However, my Places Menu on gnome bar seems like it has not recognized this uninstall and it still tries to open my drives (actually all items except "Network" and "Computer") with PCManFM.Since there is no such application anymore it just gives me an error message.Nowadays, I cant remember the message cuz i tried to re-install and remove PCManFM once more and now places menu tries to open items with VLC Media PLayer!.

I searched for a config file that includes default applications for places menu items but had no luck locating it.I'd appreciate if anyone can point me its location or can come up with a different solution.Thanks.
    Last edited by Asph; December 8th, 2008 at 12:50 PM.

Beans

Re: Places Menu Items Do Not Open After Removing PCManFM

Have you tried kill all nautilus ? I think is a right command ?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by sigurnjak View Post
    Have you tried kill all nautilus ? I think is a right command ?
    no, i didn't and i doubt that would work. Maybe you've misread it mate, nautilus is my only file manager atm and i want to make it default again for all file managing tasks. However, after installing PCMan File Manager it took over most of the folder shortcuts, especially in places menu. But killing/removing/autoremoving/purging PCManFM doesnt change it, the shortcuts still want to open with it and when they cant, they somehow decide to open with vlc media player.

Beans

If you kill nautilus it may try reestablishing links . Also try reverse of this :
    http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-rep...in-ubuntu.html

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by sigurnjak View Post
    If you kill nautilus it may try reestablishing links . Also try reverse of this :
    http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-rep...in-ubuntu.html
    Ok mate, now it made sense to me. I'll try that as soon as I can. Thank you.