Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Suggestion

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Forum Suggestion

With the number of threads posted in this forum, and the number of users that seem to come and go, it would be nice possibly in the user's credentials to post the date of the last post. This would give an indication if the owner of a particular thread is continuing to support the thread. There is a lot of good information presented in the forums, however many times the threads are no longer maintained, and often times there is no indication of this, other then when posting a question or response, this communication is unanswered. This frustrates the person asking the question and often leads to a series of BUMPS.

I'm not proposing necrothreading, however it would be great to know if the author of the thread continues to be an active member of the forums. The best way I can think of this is either the date of the last post, or a last seen date (which would be the date of the last active login).

-grubby is offline May the Ubuntu Be With You!
    Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Forum Suggestion

There is a last seen date, on the profile. "Last activity"

Beans
    Distro

I guess I was asking for this info to be posted in the same section as the cup/beans, location, etc. Possibly in really small font or something.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

It is not hard to see the active memebers. If you are unsure then it would be great to check the profile.

I rate we already have enough information with thanks/thanked, posts, join date

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by drubin View Post
    It is not hard to see the active memebers. If you are unsure then it would be great to check the profile.

I rate we already have enough information with thanks/thanked, posts, join date
    I rate that the information already displayed is disorganized and messy enough. We don't need to be adding anything else to it.

Beans
    Distro

I would put

in really small font next to the report post icon. Checking profiles?? That's messy and quite sloppy.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by kevdog View Post
    I would put

in really small font next to the report post icon. Checking profiles?? That's messy and quite sloppy.
    +1 and that's not all

I wonder if this person has been around lately - I'll just check the profile - minutes roll by as I get a poxy proxy error, oh hang on maintenance notice as well.

Be easy if it was on the panel and quite useful - something else to look at while the forums try and keep up.

Why do we need to know when someone has joined? Why not put it there.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kevdog View Post
    I would put

+1 I would also find this useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by *snip*
    I love it when people stop trying to help me and I just uninstall ubuntu because of it . . .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I can see how the idea would be useful. It would also add several new database queries to every page view. It is probably a better idea to conserve our resources.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    I can see how the idea would be useful. It would also add several new database queries to every page view. It is probably a better idea to conserve our resources.
    +1 The databases are currently over run as is.. ;-p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast