Thread: Can't record sound.

Beans

Can't record sound.

Hello all, this is infuriating. I'm simply trying to record streaming audio but I can't get it to work. In windows it was simply super mp3 recorder professional, record and stop. Not so much here. I've searched and I can see that there are a lot of software available (I don't know how to install most) but sound recorder SHOULD suffice. The problem is it isn't working. I record then stop but nothing plays back. I checked the volume settings and noticed speakers were muted so I turned those on. But now the recorder just freezes when I press record, even when I try muting the speakers once more. I tried restarting but it still just freezes.

I'm on Hardy.

Beans

Re: Can't record sound.

Hi pixarinc,

Quote Originally Posted by pixarinc View Post
    Hello all, this is infuriating. I'm simply trying to record streaming audio but I can't get it to work.
    Can I ask what sort of streaming audio? If you have a URL that would be a perfect starting point .

All the best,

Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

Re: Can't record sound.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    Hi pixarinc,

Can I ask what sort of streaming audio? If you have a URL that would be a perfect starting point .

All the best,

Andrew
    Hey Andrew, I appreciate the reply. It's actually a beta site I've been asked to test and it's not open to the public yet. They use flash players however.