Thread: How To Uninstall guide

Beans

How To Uninstall guide

I installed the 64 bit version of ubuntu, and I had to many drivers issue and flashplayer doesn't work on 64 bit.

So I had to get rid of ubuntu, and install the 32 bit version.

I used XP Pro to perform this action.

1. Right-click on My Computer and select manage
    2. click on disk management
    3. right-click on the ubuntu partition and delete it.
    4. reboot the system with your XP Pro disk
    5. Boot into the Recovery Concole, press "R" when it states it
    6. Now you will get the chance to select which windows partition you can work on, it should be the number 1. and hit enter and if you have a admin password enter it, if not just hit enter again.
    7. Once you have a command prompt type in "fixmbr" and then it will ask are you something, type in "Y" and enter
    8. Type "exit" and it will reboot and eject your disc out and your done.

Back into windows XP.

Beans

Re: How To Uninstall guide

Flash just released is 64 bit linux version, anyway, if your PC usage is mostly spent as a videogame player (as I suspect), Windows XP and Vista remain your best choice, If not, you should be a little more practice in computer knowledge, before coming back to linux, Linux is still not a PC absolute-beginner-platform.
    My dream is that one day the world's PC usage will be divided in two parts: the videogamers and the professionals, Windows for the first kind of users and Linux for the second group with their own customizations.
    Imagine how many billions dollars would be saved by company and corporations just by the stop of the licences payments or every antivirus activity.
    Last edited by alex69; December 7th, 2008 at 07:19 AM.

Beans

Re: How To Uninstall guide

Interesting perspective on how to uninstall ubuntu using a windows cd...

I agree with you, Alex. We must further define "professionals" though. Windows appeals to the business professionals because of the opportunity of making money off of the users. Business today is so short-sighted that it goes where the money is, and not where the sense is (referring to linux).