Thread: Server not recieving mail

Beans

Server not recieving mail

Ubuntu 8.10; KDE 3.5; Using Postfix configured by and for ISPconfig with my domain and IP behind router, but all comps with real IP

I have a mail server with the given configuration. I has no problems till recently, when suddenly I stopped receiving mail.
    When I try to send mail from my work the server tries to send several times and then claims for "connection timed out".
    I tried telnet to port 25 and it worked fine and sent the mail, but unfortunately I only checked it from within my LAN.
    If it doesn't work from out side it might be my new router (Edimax), though I don't use NAT and the FW is disabled...
    Any other ideas?

Beans

Re: Server not recieving mail

OK, the problem is from out side the LAN. on the other hand (as you can see) I have no problem browsing the NET....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

You can test if port 25 is open using a portscanner site (http://www.pcflank.com/scanner1.htm for example). If you just got a new router and you do not have a fixed IP it's possible your IP address changed as well.

Beans

Thanks for the help. I'll keep that address. It seems my router was faulty and stacked on natting.