Thread: Logitech PS3 keyboard inbuilt touchpad problem

Beans

Question Logitech PS3 keyboard inbuilt touchpad problem

Hi, I got the Logitech PS3 wireless bluetooth keyboard for my HTPC with ubuntu 8.10 (gnome).

The keyboard connects fine, and works okay, the problem is the built in touchpad. It is WAY to touch sensitive, and I cant seem to figure out how to set it up (if I only could disable touchpad click, it would help alot).

I tried googling it until I got blue in the face, and I have tried getting gsynaptics to work, but no luck.

I have tried editing the xorg.conf, and the new way that says that you need to edit /etc/hal/fdi/policy/shmconfig.fdi. Still no luck.

So now Im turning to you guys, hoping that someone is sitting on the answer to my problem.

Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Logitech PS3 keyboard inbuilt touchpad problem

I also need some help with this keyboard (Logitech Cordless Mediaboard Pro for PS3.) My problem is that the key mapping is a little off. "DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT" arrow keys are not working, or are working, but are mapped to unknown commands. My "UP ARROW" key is, for some reason, mapped to the "PRINT SCREEN" key/command. Lord knows what my "PRINT SCREEN" key does. Oh, and the "HOME, END, INSERT, DELETE, PGDWN, PGUP" group is all effed up. Note that this group of keys is orientated differently than a standard, or normal, 104/105 key type keyboard. If need be, you might see the image of the Logitech Cordless Mediaboard Pro for PS3 keyboard at the Logitech website.

I was wondering if there is an alternative layout that i can use, or something i need to dwnld, or if i can manually set the mapping of my keyboard somehow, or if there is some other possible, and "onetime" type of workaround.

I am using Ubuntu 8.10 Itrepid Ibex with the keyboard mentioned.
    Last edited by Anti-Me; December 18th, 2008 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Incomplete Information

Beans

I still got the same issues, including the arrow up screenshot problem.

The sensitivity of the inbuilt touchpad is craazy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

If you are still affected by this bug under Lucid/Maverick, see this link for more information about how to submit debugging information to the developers:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs