Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else a Gimp Arist?

Beans

Re: Anyone else a Gimp Arist?

Quote Originally Posted by mobilediesel View Post
    GIMP very much makes me miss Paint Shop Pro 6.
    GIMP makes me miss Photoshop 7, which I find MUCH better because of layer effects on objects, rather than the WHOLE LAYER. Sure, there's fx-foundry, but after applying the effect, you can't edit it without undoing and reapplying the effect.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I'm a GIMP artist! I love it. I haven't used Photoshop but at my current skill level I can't imagine PS being worth the money considering the flexibility of GIMP. Browsing DeviantArt I've found a number of people using GIMP, so don't feel alone. There are tutorials as well, though, it doesn't look like you need one, minipalmer...

I love Inkscape as well - also Illustrator 10. And I prefer Inkscape for it's simplicity of use. Illustrator bugs me every time I use it now but I have to use it for compatibility reasons.
    I use Ubuntu 8.04 64bit on an Intel Q6600 with 4GB RAM.

Beans

I am not quite an ''Artist'' with gimp,but I do make alot of siggies,avatars, and userbars with it .

I like its layout too as it makes things so easy to do.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Izek View Post
    GIMP makes me miss Photoshop 7, which I find MUCH better because of layer effects on objects, rather than the WHOLE LAYER. Sure, there's fx-foundry, but after applying the effect, you can't edit it without undoing and reapplying the effect.
    PS7 runs on WINE. No reason to miss it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lyceum View Post
    PS7 runs on WINE. No reason to miss it.
    Last time I checked, my Photoshop 7 was pirated, so I threw it away many months ago. In fact, I've been pirated software free since... last December.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Izek View Post
    Last time I checked, my Photoshop 7 was pirated, so I threw it away many months ago. In fact, I've been pirated software free since... last December.
    You may want to see if you can get a legal copy from e-bay, or call Adobe and see if you can buy a licence from them. I think 7 is the download in WINE-doors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12