Thread: PyPanel config question

Beans

PyPanel config question

I've had pypanel set up for a bit now, and I noticed that "URGENT" messages dont cause the task to flash a certain color, like they do in Windows, GNOME, etc. For example, when you have a pidgin conversation minimized, and someone sends you a message, it should flash on the panel, to let you know you have a message to read.

Is there any way to replicate this behavior in pypanel? I have yet to figure it out.
    Last edited by Exershio; December 3rd, 2008 at 05:12 AM. Reason: typo

Beans

Re: PyPanel config question

Are you running Compiz? Perhaps it's simply not passing urgent/demanding attention flags to pypanel. Try it with another window manager.

Code:
    $ metacity --replace &    # GNOME
    $ kwin --replace &        # KDE3, not sure about KDE4 - just disable effects

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Exershio View Post
    I've had pypanel set up for a bit now, and I noticed that "URGENT" messages dont cause the task to flash a certain color, like they do in Windows, GNOME, etc. For example, when you have a pidgin conversation minimized, and someone sends you a message, it should flash on the panel, to let you know you have a message to read.

Is there any way to replicate this behavior in pypanel? I have yet to figure it out.
    pypanel doesn't got such a function ...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Zorael View Post
    Are you running Compiz? Perhaps it's simply not passing urgent/demanding attention flags to pypanel. Try it with another window manager.

Code:
    $ metacity --replace &    # GNOME
    $ kwin --replace &        # KDE3, not sure about KDE4 - just disable effects
    I'm running openbox and pypanel. Pretty minimalistic system.

Quote Originally Posted by canistra View Post
    pypanel doesn't got such a function ...
    Are you sure about this? If that's true, I'll have to find a new panel.