Thread: Lemur Ultrathin poor battery life.

Beans

Lemur Ultrathin poor battery life.

I recieved my new Lemur a couple weeks ago and out of the box was only getting around 2 1/2 hours battery life, far short of the 4-5 hours others have reported. I've used Powertop and enabled all of it's recommendations, Enabled laptop mode and enabled just about everything in it's configurations, several other tweaks I can't remember right now, and the best I could get was maybe 3 hours. I even tried Windows 7 on a lark and it only was seeing 3 1/2. Currently back to a clean install fully updated. Powertop is reporting around 11 watts usage, c6 mwait 95%+ and the lowest p-state 99%+, and 80-130 wakeups per second. Turning off wifi and unplugging my mouse drops usage down to about 10 watts, but a laptop isn't much good without wifi.

I'm stumped, I can't imagine other Lemur buyers had to jump though hoops to get their 4-5 hours.

Beans

Re: Lemur Ultrathin poor battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by mobius357 View Post
    I recieved my new Lemur a couple weeks ago and out of the box was only getting around 2 1/2 hours battery life, far short of the 4-5 hours others have reported. I've used Powertop and enabled all of it's recommendations, Enabled laptop mode and enabled just about everything in it's configurations, several other tweaks I can't remember right now, and the best I could get was maybe 3 hours. I even tried Windows 7 on a lark and it only was seeing 3 1/2. Currently back to a clean install fully updated. Powertop is reporting around 11 watts usage, c6 mwait 95%+ and the lowest p-state 99%+, and 80-130 wakeups per second. Turning off wifi and unplugging my mouse drops usage down to about 10 watts, but a laptop isn't much good without wifi.

I'm stumped, I can't imagine other Lemur buyers had to jump though hoops to get their 4-5 hours.
    Yea, tried a while ago and mine lasts about the same (~2.5 hours). But did anyone who actually tested with Lemur claim this battery lasts 4-5 hours?