Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red turning blue in Flash

Beans

Re: people are strange - well.... blue

There has to be a better solution for fixing only youtube videos than disabling hardware acceleration, which will potentially affect everything that uses the screen...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I had the same (comical) issue a while back. Here is the fix:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/11712...o-appears-blue

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    No, it's Adobe's fault. Somewhere along the way they reversed the red/blue channels when Flash tries to play "Stage Video" streams that use the NVIDIA adapter's H.264 hardware acceleration code. YouTube uses Stage Video and thus you get "smurfed" people.

As others have said, the fix is to go fullscreen, right-click on the video and choose Settings. Uncheck the hardware acceleration box. Then close the browser and open it again. The problem should be resolved.

This bug was created by Adobe but will never be fixed, since they have discontinued support for Flash on the Linux platform. Nice of them to leave us with this bug just as they shut down development.
    FYI: Development of flash on Linux has been turned over to Google, so all hope is not lost.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

The solution Scott linked to seems to have worked for me. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by isantop View Post
    FYI: Development of flash on Linux has been turned over to Google, so all hope is not lost.
    Hopefully Google will maintain Flash development for browsers besides Chrome. I prefer Chromium to Chrome, as it is open source.
    Backups are amazing. 99% of data loss can be prevented by spending less than $100 on an external drive.
    If you have seen an error, there is a good chance someone else has, too. Google is your friend.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by ahowe42 View Post
    There has to be a better solution for fixing only youtube videos than disabling hardware acceleration, which will potentially affect everything that uses the screen...
    Agreed
    The only thing that upsets me more on this issue than Adobe leaving us hanging is people proclaiming Solved! by turning off HW acceleration.

You can have low grade video, choppy high res, or crystal clear high res smurfs.

i can't wait for Flash to die but it's gonna be a long time

I encourage people to sign up for YouTube's html5 trial, though in my experience most everything is still in Flash.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by ahowe42 View Post
    The solution Scott linked to seems to have worked for me. Thanks!
    There are a few solution options on that page. Which one worked for you?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by finny388 View Post
    Agreed
    The only thing that upsets me more on this issue than Adobe leaving us hanging is people proclaiming Solved! by turning off HW acceleration.

You can have low grade video, choppy high res, or crystal clear high res smurfs.

i can't wait for Flash to die but it's gonna be a long time

I encourage people to sign up for YouTube's html5 trial, though in my experience most everything is still in Flash.
    In my experience, hardware acceleration was extremely buggy. Sometimes, it would play way faster than it should, then slow down a lot.
    Backups are amazing. 99% of data loss can be prevented by spending less than $100 on an external drive.
    If you have seen an error, there is a good chance someone else has, too. Google is your friend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12