Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amiga CD32 for Ubuntu ?

Beans

Re: Amiga CD32 for Ubuntu ?

Quote Originally Posted by honeybear View Post
    Hello,

Unfortunately for Linux Ubuntu, I do not think that Ubuntu emulates with any emulators Amiga CD32. Is it correct?
    I'm a bit unsure of the status of CD32 emulation in the older UAE versions, but FS-UAE supports CD32 emulation (same CD32 emulation code as WinUAE).

I run it myself on Ubuntu (just note that with 12.04 and 3D-accelerated desktop, you may need to run FS-UAE in fullscreen or with the option --video-sync=off to get good performance due to a Compiz issue).

If you try it out and have any problems, just let me know.

http://fengestad.no/wp/fs-uae (I provide precompiled Ubuntu/Debian debs).
    Last edited by FrodeSolheim; May 1st, 2012 at 10:09 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Just out of curiosity, can FS-USE open zipped ADF files? or so they need to be unzipped?

--edit, never mind, checkecked myself..it does However is there any way to choose a disk to load without editing the config file every time? It never lists the adf files (zipped or unzipped) in the default folder...
    Last edited by schtufbox; May 2nd, 2012 at 03:59 PM.
    I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile. Your (insert censored word here) will be laminated!
    Registered Linux user #155941

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by schtufbox View Post
    Just out of curiosity, can FS-USE open zipped ADF files? or so they need to be unzipped?

--edit, never mind, checkecked myself..it does
    Yes, and it also supports gzipped ADF (adz) as well as IPF and DMG disk images.

However is there any way to choose a disk to load without editing the config file every time? It never lists the adf files (zipped or unzipped) in the default folder...
    Not currently, no. FS-UAE is designed to be started with (for instance) a configuration file per game (either created manually, or created on-demand by a frontend / external configuration program). You can give the path to the configuration as a parameter to fs-uae.

I am also working on a graphical launcher, which will remove the need to manually fiddle with configuration files. This post has a screenshot and more information: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=197
    Last edited by FrodeSolheim; May 2nd, 2012 at 04:41 PM.

Beans

There is also an unofficial FS-UAE launcher/GUI for Linux here (which supports all FS-UAE options, according to the author):
    http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=63971
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/gfsuae/

Beans
    Hidden!

Thanks, that's just what I need
    I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile. Your (insert censored word here) will be laminated!
    Registered Linux user #155941

Beans

However is there any way to choose a disk to load without editing the config file every time? It never lists the adf files (zipped or unzipped) in the default folder...
    Hi, FS-UAE 2.0 now includes FS-UAE Launcher, a convenient frontend for FS-UAE, so there is no need to edit configuration files any more.

FS-UAE + FS-UAE Launcher are now even available from an Ubuntu PPA :
    http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/download

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
    Hi, FS-UAE 2.0 now includes FS-UAE Launcher, a convenient frontend for FS-UAE, so there is no need to edit configuration files any more.

FS-UAE + FS-UAE Launcher are now even available from an Ubuntu PPA :
    I agree! FS-UAE 2.0 + Launcher is probably the best and most convenient way to play Amiga Games on your Ubuntu Box.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by WienerWuerstel View Post
    I agree! FS-UAE 2.0 + Launcher is probably the best and most convenient way to play Amiga Games on your Ubuntu Box.
    is it into apt-get ?

or one must get the debs.

which software/game would you advice that work with it?

Does it work with console/bash for mythtv setup with lirc and remote controler?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by honeybear View Post
    is it into apt-get ?

or one must get the debs.

which software/game would you advice that work with it?

Does it work with console/bash for mythtv setup with lirc and remote controler?
    You need to add the PPA and then you can install it via apt-get. Which only takes 3 Terminal Commands.
    Code:
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:fengestad/stable 
    sudo apt-get update 
    sudo apt-get install fs-uae fs-uae-launcher
    Every Amiga Game should work with it. I tested Games like Turrican, Space Harrier, Double Dragon and Flashback.
    Software should work too but I don't know any Programs that were made for the Amiga so I couldn't test it.

And I don't know if it would work with your mythtv setup as I have no clue on how mythtv works and never had any use for it in the first place.
    Last edited by WienerWuerstel; November 3rd, 2012 at 01:42 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by WienerWuerstel View Post
    You need to add the PPA and then you can install it via apt-get. Which only takes 3 Terminal Commands.
    Code:
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:fengestad/stable 
    sudo apt-get update 
    sudo apt-get install fs-uae fs-uae-launcher
    Every Amiga Game should work with it. I tested Games like Turrican, Space Harrier, Double Dragon and Flashback.
    Software should work too but I don't know any Programs that were made for the Amiga so I couldn't test it.

And I don't know if it would work with your mythtv setup as I have no clue on how mythtv works and never had any use for it in the first place.
    thank you so much !

there are simply too much different uae version.

Actually they should also support Ubuntu (debs) on their site:

They should really think one day about merging. Look for instance gens, that is a really great emulator.
    Last edited by honeybear; November 3rd, 2012 at 02:25 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast