Page 42 of 87 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: SiS 771/671 Mirage 3 Video Drivers

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: SiS 771/671 Mirage 3 Video Drivers!?!?

read #407
    All the best

Antonio

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dekoderek View Post
    I installed the compiled driver (32bit version) in the folder and put your xorg.conf file in /etc/X11. Some options should be probably changed but at this point I guess there's no use since the driver won't load in the first place.

I uploaded my log to http://download.dekoderek.net/sis-on...rct/Xorg.0.log and there's:
    dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/sis671_drv.so: undefined symbol: resVgaIoShared

It would be awesome! Thanks in advance.
    I have updated the code for ASUS X5DC and compiled it for 64-bit and it appears to work. If you want 32-Bit you can download the src code via the link on my blog...best of luck! if it works can you let me know and send me a copy of the 32-bit binary so I can provide a copy to other users.....
    check out my linux blog here

Beans

[QUOTE=ajoliveira;9232831]@azzedline go to my xorg page and follow the instructions for vesa driver (the very first ones), it will be the only working

@ ajoliveira

thank you for your response but i sayed that i can't get complete live session blanck screen is showd after pressing " try ubuntu without installing" i guess you understand my probleme

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by purct View Post
    I have updated the code for ASUS X5DC and compiled it for 64-bit and it appears to work. If you want 32-Bit you can download the src code via the link on my blog...best of luck! if it works can you let me know and send me a copy of the 32-bit binary so I can provide a copy to other users.....
    Thank you for the update!

I downloaded the sources (Asusx5dc-ubuntu10.04-sis671-src.tar.bz2) but I get the same message as I had with older drivers when starting configure:

checking for XORG... configure: error: Package requirements (xorg-server >= 1.0.99.901 xproto fontsproto xf86dgaproto ) were not met:

No package 'xorg-server' found
    No package 'fontsproto' found
    No package 'xf86dgaproto' found
    Those packages aren't in repo and those names seem outdated for me. For the last one I get recommendation to install 'x11proto-xf86dga-dev', but it's the only one I would have so I guess there's no point trying. Have can I get over this requirments?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dekoderek View Post
    Thank you for the update!

I downloaded the sources (Asusx5dc-ubuntu10.04-sis671-src.tar.bz2) but I get the same message as I had with older drivers when starting configure:

Those packages aren't in repo and those names seem outdated for me. For the last one I get recommendation to install 'x11proto-xf86dga-dev', but it's the only one I would have so I guess there's no point trying. Have can I get over this requirments?
    I had a number of unmet dependencies when I first compiled the src code.....I think it was xorg-server that I had to install when I got those errors.....

have you got the following packages installed?

xorg-server-core
    xorg-server-dev

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by azedddine View Post
    @azzedline go to my xorg page and follow the instructions for vesa driver (the very first ones), it will be the only working

@ ajoliveira

thank you for your response but i sayed that i can't get complete live session blanck screen is showd after pressing " try ubuntu without installing" i guess you understand my probleme

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Now I installed 10.04 but at these post #365 i don't know what need to do at service stop gdm, because then screen only flickering. It type change to tty1, but I don't know what is means there? What I need to do?

Thank you!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jodlajodla View Post
    Now I installed 10.04 but at these post #365 i don't know what need to do at service stop gdm, because then screen only flickering. It type change to tty1, but I don't know what is means there? What I need to do?

Thank you!
    try pressing ctrl + alt + F1

this should switch you to the tty screen!

regards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

thanks I resolved problem with this on #22

Thanks!!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by purct View Post
    I had a number of unmet dependencies when I first compiled the src code.....I think it was xorg-server that I had to install when I got those errors.....

have you got the following packages installed?

xorg-server-core
    xorg-server-dev
    No, I didn't and I couldn't find something like that in my repo. But when you wrote it with '-dev' suffix I started to install some packages with similar names to those required (e.g. xserver-xorg-dev) and 'configure' went throught.

After running make I get an error though. On first compilation call I guess. Here's the output:

make all-recursive
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/piotrek/Dropbox/sis-drivers/from-purct/xorg-driver-sis671-0.9.1'
    Making all in src
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/piotrek/Dropbox/sis-drivers/from-purct/xorg-driver-sis671-0.9.1/src'
    /bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -fvisibility=hidden -I/usr/include/xorg -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/drm -I/usr/include/X11/dri -g -O2 -MT init301.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/init301.Tpo -c -o init301.lo init301.c
    libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -fvisibility=hidden -I/usr/include/xorg -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/drm -I/usr/include/X11/dri -g -O2 -MT init301.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/init301.Tpo -c init301.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/init301.o
    In file included from init301.h:60,
    from init301.c:76:
    sis.h:203:23: error: GL/glxint.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from init301.h:60,
    from init301.c:76:
    sis.h:1315: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘__GLXvisualConfig’
    make[2]: *** [init301.lo] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/piotrek/Dropbox/sis-drivers/from-purct/xorg-driver-sis671-0.9.1/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/piotrek/Dropbox/sis-drivers/from-purct/xorg-driver-sis671-0.9.1'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Do you have any idea what could be wrong this time?

Thanks!

Page 42 of 87 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast