View Poll Results: GNOME Shell or Unity?

Voters
426. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unity

119 27.93%
  • GNOME Shell

158 37.09%
  • Anything that works

119 27.93%
  • I don't use GNOME

30 7.04%
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Unity to be included as part of the default desktop installation

Beans

Re: Unity to be included as part of the default desktop installation

Many distros compete amongst themselves to attract the Linux power base, however, of all distros that I have tried, I see Ubuntu as having the greatest potential in going after Mac and Windows users. If Ubuntu takes a step away from the hardcore community and goes at full steam at the other OS users, I will be very happy. Expanding the Linux community is good for all of us. As different as Unity may be, it is Linux + Gnome and the more attention Ubuntu attracts from the software and hardware manufacturers the more and better software and hardware there will be for all of us, regardless of the distribution that we use.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I tried Unity for two days when installing Ubuntu 10.10 UNR - I did not like it that much and replaced it with Ubuntu 10.10 Desktop Edition - so far I like the old standard more.

However I am open to try Unity once more when being released with a new Ubuntu version. In the end I just want a nice GUI that I like to work with. The first version implemented with Unity did not convince it, maybe the next one will?

Beans

Unity is the worst abomination I have ever seen on a desktop. It would not be so horrible if I at least could find a way to remove it, disable it, or make it stop.

<snip>
    Last edited by cariboo; June 10th, 2011 at 10:14 PM. Reason: removed disrespectful statement

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePriest View Post
    Unity is the worst abomination I have ever seen on a desktop. It would not be so horrible if I at least could find a way to remove it, disable it, or make it stop.

<snip>
    Logout, select Ubuntu classic and login. And stop with the Necromancy.
    Last edited by cariboo; June 10th, 2011 at 10:14 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142