Thread: No more moonlight alternative to MS silverlight?

Beans

Unhappy No more moonlight alternative to MS silverlight?

I've been searching for the past couple of hours for a way to make silverlight work with FireFox. Does anyone know of a way to do this? In my search I came across a Novell/Mono project called moonlight, but could find nowhere to get it. I really hate to have to go back to MS! But I need silverlight to watch presentations for my online classes. Is there a current solution for this or anything in development that anyone has heard of?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: No more moonlight alternative to MS silverlight?

Moonlight is dead. When it was alive, it did not contain the proprietary components needed to actually work with DRM-protected Silverlight content.

Silverlight itself is not long for the world, as Microsoft has pretty much shelved it.

You don't have to "go back" to Windows. There's not an either/or choice you have to make. You can dual boot and use both Linux and Windows. Using both is allowed!

I have Linux machines and Windows machines for just such reasons.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by jsw-e View Post
    I've been searching for the past couple of hours for a way to make silverlight work with FireFox. Does anyone know of a way to do this? In my search I came across a Novell/Mono project called moonlight, but could find nowhere to get it. I really hate to have to go back to MS! But I need silverlight to watch presentations for my online classes. Is there a current solution for this or anything in development that anyone has heard of?
    Pipelight.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kostkon View Post
    Sweet. I will try this out. Thanks!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    Moonlight is dead. When it was alive, it did not contain the proprietary components needed to actually work with DRM-protected Silverlight content.

Silverlight itself is not long for the world, as Microsoft has pretty much shelved it.

You don't have to "go back" to Windows. There's not an either/or choice you have to make. You can dual boot and use both Linux and Windows. Using both is allowed!

I have Linux machines and Windows machines for just such reasons.
    Haha. Yeah I've got several machines running either dual boot or virtual, but I prefer being able to do everything from Ubuntu! Thanks for the info though.