Page 111 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1659

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Quote Originally Posted by ipina View Post
    Hi Kilz how are you? I'd like to ask you something not exactly related to your scripts. Ok, I'm trying to install your script but I'm getting errors which are concerned with the package libc6. In order to install pdfedit, I needed libc6 2.6 - which is not an official pack of Ubuntu - Now, if I wish to install your script I need libc6 2.5 - an official pack of Ubuntu - but, as you probably guess, I can't install it since a later version is present on my system (Ubuntu Feisty) Do you know any way to have installed the two versions of libc6? Best regards.
    I dont know of any way to run 2. But I will tell you that pdfedit is easy to compile on Feisty.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans

Thanks for your quick reply Kilz. I'm afraid it can't be done, I mean to have installed the two versions so, I decided to force version in Synaptic and reinstall libc6 2.5. This way, I have to reinstall pdfedit by compilling it - hope you're correct in the sense that it'll be an easy task - Also, I'll install your brilliant script about flash, java and so on. Thanks anyway, very kind of you.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for your quick reply Kilz. I'm afraid it can't be done, I mean to have installed the two versions so, I decided to force version in Synaptic and reinstall libc6 2.5. This way, I have to reinstall pdfedit by compilling it - hope you're correct in the sense that it'll be an easy task - Also, I'll install your brilliant script about flash, java and so on. Thanks anyway, very kind of you.
    I compiled it on Feisty. I needed to edit the page order of a pdf from a microsoft publisher to pdf converter. I think it stopped 4 times to complain about files it needed and I installed the -dev of the file.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Hi Kilz, wow you still maintaining this script, very good work
    I have updated my drapper to Fiesty (the offical way) and all is fine and dandy, apart from I seem to have lost sound in Java, have tried reinstalling Firefox and Java to no avail, can you point me in the right direction to find out what the problem might be?

Sound works in other apps, Rhythmbox, cd player, etc etc, its just Java that is mute!
    Last edited by leona; September 1st, 2007 at 02:47 AM.
    Kind Regards, Leona

Beans

Hi Kilz, thanks for your message. Tho this is not the right thread to mention it, did you know that pdfedit is nicely installed with the file found in http://www.getdeb.net/download.php?release=1002&fpos=0 There are some minor fixes to do after installation but it works! Have a nice weekend.

Beans

Kilz, i ran the script then the swiftweasel.deb. I still don't have flash working and I lost permissions.

Beans

Hi again Kilz, I'm getting troubles when installing your script, the main of which, I think, is that the file firefox32-2.0.0.4-ubuntu-amd64.deb is not accessible at http://home.comcast.net, are you introducing changes over there? Some other problems follow this one, all being related to accessing files on the net, tho I prefer to go step by step. Regards.

Beans
    Distro

Hi again Kilz, I'm getting troubles when installing your script, the main of which, I think, is that the file firefox32-2.0.0.4-ubuntu-amd64.deb is not accessible at http://home.comcast.net, are you introducing changes over there? Some other problems follow this one, all being related to accessing files on the net, tho I prefer to go step by step. Regards.
    How old it the script you are running? Firefox32-2.0.0.4 is 2 versions old and no longer on the comcast site. I am limited to 25meg and can only host the most recent version.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by leona View Post
    Hi Kilz, wow you still maintaining this script, very good work
    I have updated my drapper to Fiesty (the offical way) and all is fine and dandy, apart from I seem to have lost sound in Java, have tried reinstalling Firefox and Java to no avail, can you point me in the right direction to find out what the problem might be?

Sound works in other apps, Rhythmbox, cd player, etc etc, its just Java that is mute!
    Have you tried running the 3 in 1 script, or are you trying to install individual components.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Have you tried running the 3 in 1 script, or are you trying to install individual components.
    Hi Kilz, I installed them individually, as I assumed it was just Java at fault.
    Kind Regards, Leona

Page 111 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast