Beans
    Hidden!

elementary OS Luna Beta 1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: elementary OS Luna Beta 1

finally I have been waiting for ages =)

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A QUANTAL QUETZAL IS...BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE PRETZEL AND I LIKE PRETZEL

Beans
    Distro

Downloading with 70kb >

EDIT: Downloaded and tested. It's excellent distro, very good looking with nice animations.
    Last edited by GreatDanton; November 15th, 2012 at 09:43 PM.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A QUANTAL QUETZAL IS...BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE PRETZEL AND I LIKE PRETZEL

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Looking forward to checking out the beta when things settle down a bit on the server. I had looked at a daily build a short time ago and really liked what I saw. elementary OS Luna has an amazing look and feel. These guys are doing some amazing work in making a very consistent user interface. I aslo like the way the develops are taking their time to make everything just right. These guys are true developers doing things their own way. I admire developers that use their own original ideas and make them a reality.

I look forward to seeing peoples comments about the beta release and what they think about the consistency and elegance of the beta.

Beans
    Distro

SWEET! Just downloaded. 1.7 MB/sec. A total of 7 minutes to download. Gotta get a DVD spindle tomorrow, then I'll give it a look-see.

Nice walk-through of the new beta here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-_hZ542qsM
    Last edited by Uncle Spellbinder; November 16th, 2012 at 01:56 AM.
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Beans

Its based on Ubuntu Pangolin Precise LTS version 12.04.

Its fully compatible with all the Ubuntu repositories.

eOS has a lighter and faster desktop environment - thanks to the Pantheon Shell and the Gala window manager than GNOME 3/Unity/Cinnamon.

Amazingly enough, it works beautifully as a Macbuntu!

Beans

Ehn I am mixed, again this seems like a unneeded fork of Gnome shell and while I hate gnome shell we got cinnamon to fill in some of the gaps, plus this seems to lack theme support right now.

Beans

I have to admit; I'm amazed. Fast, stable, responsive, flexible.

I've been using Noise and Marlin for a long while now and I just love them. Besides, the Terminal Application is very cute. And for the Pantheon, well, I don't believe that most people won't agree with this but I do believe that Pantheon is more useful than Gnome Shell. - Or, that's just me.

That's a good work, lads. Keep it up. =)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I've waited a long while to try this one--finally! I like the looks of it, but it's so minimal. It will take a little exploring to find how things work, it's not the same O--same O menu. No minimize/maximize buttons on anything--only off. Odd.

So far, the only thing I have an issue with is the lan network doesn't connect out of the box, nor even after installing Samba. I can see it but not connect. I'll study it though and see what's what. That's an important requirement for me.

It's fast, but doesn't have many apps. No office app. Even had to install disk utility.
    It's going to be interesting
    Remember When Double-Dog dare ya's and water balloons were the ultimate weapon?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spellbinder View Post
    Nice walk-through of the new beta here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-_hZ542qsM
    Try quidsup's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl1GpABGBI0

He's blown away by the speed!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast