Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 10.04 iPhone iOS 4 Support?

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 iPhone iOS 4 Support?

I hope this is related enough so that I can lob it in this thread. Plugged my new iPhone (4) in via USB to my work machine (iPhone is synch'd at home). I can play music from the phone, but it keeps flashing the "Sync in progress" on the phone. Any idea why it's doing this - haven't hit on the computer to ask it to sync.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I believe that is just one of the quirks of Rhythmbox. It sync's the phone automatically. I notice that it does that whenever I play a song from my Iphone within Rhythmbox. Obviously if you add any media to your phone from Rhythmbox, its going to sync it automatically. Hope this helps.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VinoFuriaRoja View Post
    I believe that is just one of the quirks of Rhythmbox. It sync's the phone automatically. I notice that it does that whenever I play a song from my Iphone within Rhythmbox. Obviously if you add any media to your phone from Rhythmbox, its going to sync it automatically. Hope this helps.
    Thank you for the reply. It's not a huge issue, just an annoyance. I was happy that Ubuntu was able to recognize the music on my phone and play it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

In my experience with a 3GS and iPhone 4 both running iOS4, Rhythmbox puts the music on the device, but it must not be writing the iTunesDB correctly because none of it shows up in the iPod app on the phone.

Additionally, music added via iTunes does not show up in Rhythmbox.

-n8

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Ubuntu 10.04 iPhone iOS 4 Support?

i updated about a week ago.
    back then ryhtmbox saw my ipod but didnt sync it.

but now it doesnt even see it. its jailbroken i dont know if that makes a difference.
    Thanks

Beans

i got mine working now full support.
    it turns out i just didnt have my rhytmbox plugins installed.
    but it works great now

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I too am having difficulty with my iPhone 3G. I checked the version of the software, for now it seems I'm still setup with iOS 3.1.2. I had jailbroken this phone before, but I am in the process of restoring it to factory defaults, then upgrading the software to iOS4.0.

My issue is with Rhythmbox... I can definitely see the icon popup on my desktop, which means Ubuntu can establish communication with the iPhone. But I think there are some info missing, and the lib cannot see the software proprely. Rhythmbox does see the phone, but not entirely... here's what I get when I run Properties on the iPhone in Rhythmbox:
    Code:
    Sébastien's iPhone Properties:
    Advanced
      System
        Mount point: /home/sebastien/.gvfs/Sébastien's iPhone
        Device node:
        Model: xA712
        Serial number:
        Firmware version:
        Database version: 46
        Audio formats: MP3 audio
                       AAC sound
    So I think there's stuff it doesn't see because of the old age of the software in my phone. I'll update and see what it does. I'll post back as well.
    Couzin2000
    Sainte-Thérèse | Quebec | Canada

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Yes it does

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I filed bug #623899 on Gnome's bugzilla.

-n8

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by LoutUK View Post
    I had the same bus error with iOS4 and needed to install GTKPOD and LIBGPOD4 from the package manager to get audio syncing to work with Rhythmbox again. It now works flawlessly for me at least.
    Tried - that, but still get the bus error. When I upgraded to 10.04 I had to create a new user to get iphone syncing working, wondering if the same might work this time. Will try and see.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast