Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Google Chrome acting up lately for anyone else?

Beans

Is Google Chrome acting up lately for anyone else?

After installing the latest stable Chrome (the offical Chrome, not Chromium) v26 on Raring, I keep having crashes. Sometimes it works fine for a bit, then my window suddenly disappears and I have to relaunch it and it has a message that Chrome did not shut down unexpectedly and do I want to restore my session. This happens once in a while, but that's not the only problem. I keep getting Aw, Snap every few minutes on different pages (tab has crashed). It happens every few seconds on different unrelated pages. I had Chrome v24 installed on Mint Quantal, and that was working fine till a couple days ago, I might have done a upgrade (I'm not sure) but now Chrome is crazy crashing on Mint too (I'll check if there have been version changes later). At first I thought it might be a RAM issue, but I'm not sure as everything else works fine. I have Win 7 installed, rarely use it except for Skype, but I had the stable latest Chrome set up on it and it worked perfect for twenty minutes and then Windows decided to flash a BSOD (MEMORY MANAGEMENT ERROR). I hope it's not a ram problem as I don't have time to set 8 hour tests, but I doubt it as everything else works perfectly, just Chrome. Anyway, I searched Doctor Google and there seems to be hordes of complaints since Chrome 25 about similar issues of Chrome disappearing, and aw snap crashing with some Chrome profiles. Wondered if anyone here experienced any issues?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Is Google Chrome acting up lately for anyone else?

I had problems a week ago (on 12.04) with Chrome. Youtube videos either wouldn't play or played with very jerky video. Turned out one of the updates had activated libflash or pepper flash in addition to the Chrome version. All sorted now , but,,,,,,,, I'm now having problems playing some games online. Dunno whther this is something to do with Flash or a Java issue.
    Anyway, your not alone in having problems with Chrome since the last update. I'm sure they release these updates without fully testing them on the latest versions of Ubuntu (or could be they're testing them on machines that use the latest technology, without giving a thought to those of us who use machines 5 -6yrs old or even older)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DisappearingOak View Post
    ... hordes of complaints since Chrome 25 about similar issues of Chrome disappearing, and aw snap crashing with some Chrome profiles. Wondered if anyone here experienced any issues?
    Hmmm ....
    http://askubuntu.com/a/286081/25656

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I think he's talking about crashing, not issues with installing.
    Ubuntu - "humanidade com os outros" or "sou o que sou pelo que nós somos"

Beans

Err... Yes. I can tell you that it is not an Ubuntu problem. I made the switch to FF months ago, and forgot to remove Chrome.
    CrunchBang Linux
    Plz no tpe lik dis or no anser!!
    The search tool can be found in the upper right corner of your screen, please use it to your advantage, especially before asking questions.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dandroid13 View Post
    I think he's talking about crashing, not issues with installing.
    The point is that Chrome stable isn't yet available for 13.04. If someone does something to install it despite, then crashes may be expected.

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    The point is that Chrome stable isn't yet available for 13.04. If someone does something to install it despite, then crashes may be expected.
    Why not? Just download the .deb from google and there you have it. The issue is that ATM to install it you need to grab some libraries from quantal's repo and the fix has not yet filtered down to the stable channel, but doesn't mean you cannot install stable Chrome if you get those libraries.

I have Chrome (stable) in 13.04 and it doesn't seem to have any problem so far, but maybe I don't notice it since I mainly use Firefox.

EDITED: Booted up my 13.04 install and surfed the web a bit with Chrome, watched some short videos on Youtube and Vimeo, didn't have any problem. It was fast and smooth.
    Last edited by monkeybrain2012; May 1st, 2013 at 05:32 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Had an odd freeze - bug with Chrome Stable on 12.04... It would freeze if I minimized a non-fullscreen window, esp. when watching video. Cleared up after a week or so.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Currently have a problem on 12.04 where it seems to not close properly and I have to kill it via system monitor else it opens with profile problems.
    // Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I get this weird thing where it'll freeze, but if I resize it the window and back all the tabs look weird and break.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast