Page 31 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Quote Originally Posted by TheguywholikesLINUX View Post
    I just changed my 10-wacom.fdi to the one you mentioned above.
    If it still does not find it, can you check lshal and search for wacom (might be in caps or all caps)? Check and see if there is an entry like:
    Code:
    input.x11_driver = 'wacom'   (string)
    . It seems like hal is not loading it.

If you have not tried it yet, can you try unplugging and plugging your device again? It has worked for some but for different scenarios.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    If it still does not find it, can you check lshal and search for wacom (might be in caps or all caps)? Check and see if there is an entry like:
    Code:
    input.x11_driver = 'wacom'   (string)
    . It seems like hal is not loading it.

If you have not tried it yet, can you try unplugging and plugging your device again? It has worked for some but for different scenarios.
    I've rebooted and it still does not work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro

I've rebooted and it still does not work.
    Did you also try reconnecting the device?

I am looking at your lshal info and there is no input information listed in there for the Wacom device. That is why it is not working. Usually you will have an info.capabilities field with {input, input.tablet} listed. I am not for sure why it is not there.

Have you checked lately to see if the device works in Windows?

Beans

I did plug it back in, still nothing, and I have got it all installed on XP, working fine there.

Beans
    Distro

I did plug it back in, still nothing, and I have got it all installed on XP, working fine there.
    Can you try rebuilding the linuxwacom drivers? I am thinking that there is something in the wacom.ko (kernel module) that is not working quite right. The wacom kernel module should have sent something to the input so that it creates the /dev/input/eventX file and it is not.

If rebuilding it does not work, you can try going back to the patches you created in this post just to see if we can get the wacom driver to create the event files.
    Last edited by Ayuthia; October 23rd, 2009 at 05:58 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Can you try rebuilding the linuxwacom drivers? I am thinking that there is something in the wacom.ko (kernel module) that is not working quite right. The wacom kernel module should have sent something to the input so that it creates the /dev/input/eventX file and it is not.
    @The guywholikesLINUX
    In addition to that, I would like to point that you should make sure you are using the wacom.ko that you compiled each time you change the source code. I don't think the "make install" is taking care of the copy to the proper final destination. Here, I'm always copying it manually with a command like:

Code:
    cp src/2.6.31/wacom.ko /lib/modules/2.6.31-12-generic-pae/kernel/drivers/input/tablet
    You will have to use the proper source and destination as the one above is for Karmic in my particular setup (pae to be able to use 4 GB of memory)

This way, you will be 100% sure that you are using the proper driver.

Have you also purged the packages wacom-tools and xserver-xorg-input-wacom? I had problem before doing this. You should recopy wacom.ko and do your make install after you make sure these two packages are not there.

Hope this help.

ehfortin
    Last edited by ehfortin; October 23rd, 2009 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Few corrections to the text

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ehfortin View Post
    I'm not sure my modif in xorg.conf is fine but... it seems to load something which generate an error because of incorrect MaxTouchY. BTW, I have no idea where the "eraser" type is coming from. Is the touch area considered like a "eraser"?

Let me know if I did something wrong with the xorg.conf.

ehfortin
    I just added in the wcm2_patch to have the values default to 1024 for MaxTouchX and MaxTouchY. Hopefully we will be able to use that event after this change.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I just added in the wcm2_patch to have the values default to 1024 for MaxTouchX and MaxTouchY. Hopefully we will be able to use that event after this change.
    I've compiled the new patches. I still don't see anything for the touch mode. In the Xorg.0.log, you will see that touch2 is a type "eraser" even if I requested a type "touch". However, in the export from xinput --list, it is showing as a Wacom Touch.

I have not study at all how it works but my guess would be that the tablet (through the driver) is not recognizing the "touch" type and that xinput is only reporting what I asked for (the touch type). As I said, it is only a wild guess.

I've included the results of all these files so that you can give it a look.

ehfortin

PS: Stylus seems to always work as expected. I've not used it a lot lately but... quick test show it working (and the pointer is still bouncing upper/left when I get out of range).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Ayuthia,

My CTL-460 (Bamboo Pen) works fine with the wcm2_patch and the 10-linuxwacom.fdi from post #228. Great Job! There are only a few minor items open:
    1. The pressure level seems to be 1024 and not 512 (which is from the vendor spec!). But wacdump delivers numbers up to 1023 for the pressure and I can commit that the pressure functionality works much better with 1023 in the wacom_wac.c instead of 511.
    2. The wacompl program still does not work. There is no device shown in the selection window...
    3. I'm missing the model number in wacdump. Might be also related to problems with the wacompl program... Right now it always shows: MODEL=Unknown.
    4. The XServer restarts when plugging in the panel the first time (module not loaded before, no wacom entries in xorg.conf). Everything works fine after the re-logon...

Nevertheless the pad works already great with Gimp and Xournal - which is the most important stuff. Thanks again and best regards

Tom1965

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi Tom1965,

Try the wacom.fdi in post #176 here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=967147&page=18 See if that gets wacomcpl working for you.

Page 31 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast