Thread: Raring Unity Firefox not starting up when clicked on

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Raring Unity Firefox not starting up when clicked on

I installed yesterday's iso and after getting it all setup. I noticed that when I clicked on Firefox in the Unity bar it would not start. I would click on it again and still nothing.
    So I opened System Monitor and under the Processes tab there were 2 instances of Firefox running for everytime I clicked on the Unity icon:

So I had to kill all Firefox processes and then right click on the Firefox icon in unity and then click on "open a new window" for it to work.
    I installed Cairo Dock and it opened Firefox normally. So I installed Gnome Fallback and am using that. After getting some updates today I logged out and selected Ubuntu default (Unity)
    and it does the same thing.

Wondering if any one else is experiencing this same thing.
    Last edited by Cavsfan; March 12th, 2013 at 09:10 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: Raring Unity Firefox not starting up when clicked on

I had it yesterday with yesterday's raring-desktop-amd64.iso. FF stalled on the Unity Panel .. but then I clicked again and it reluctantly opened. After a few reboots it seems to have resolved itself.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    I had it yesterday with yesterday's raring-desktop-amd64.iso. FF stalled on the Unity Panel .. but then I clicked again and it reluctantly opened. After a few reboots it seems to have resolved itself.
    I also installed the raring-desktop-amd64.iso.
    I haven't tried it since yesterday when it did the same thing. I'll get into Unity and try it again.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Still not working with Unity here. I tried it and it would not open firefox. So, I rebooted twice and tried it after each reboot and nothing.
    I clicked Firefox and waited; nothing so I clicked on it again and waited still nothing. I clicked on it a 3rd time and got the popup saying Firefox is running.

I'm sure it will iron itself out eventually.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Pretty much resolved with a clean install. Although Raring wasn't very stable today for me.