Page 35 of 64 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

Oh... and shm... what version of fprint did you use (i.e. where did you get the packages, or did you just compile?)
    Also, how well does the scanning work. I remember when I tried it, I could never get a positive scan, and it would always fail.
    thanks,
    Kory

Beans

Hi,
    I'm new here and I'm also new to linux.
    I have tried Ubuntu 8.04 on my TX2524ca but there was a lot of problem including no CPU scaling and unstable wireless.

So I have been waiting for 8.10 to fix my main problem; the CPU scaling and the power consumption. Now 8.10 is installed, battery life good, wireless is not bad (but wpa2 enterprise is not working at all). My sound, which was working on 8.04, is not working anymore, I've tried some tips here for the alsa-base file but still no sound... The Wacom tutorial seems to install correctly but nothing works!

I've downloaded some Linux book, I want to learn, started to read but, I'm lost! hahaha I would like to have my hardware working before I invest a lot of time on this. Can you guys try to help me on this? I can see that some of you now have a tx2500 series laptop completely working with Ubuntu 8.10.

Thx

The OnionMan

Beans

I have the same problem, i have a tx2532, sound works well but the touchscreen not (sorry but i don't speak english just a little)
    I tried some tips here but touchcreen doesn't works, I hope somebody can help us

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gali98 View Post
    Oh... and shm... what version of fprint did you use (i.e. where did you get the packages, or did you just compile?)
    Also, how well does the scanning work. I remember when I tried it, I could never get a positive scan, and it would always fail.
    thanks,
    Kory
    fprint available in intrepid repo.
    scanning work very terrible, i use fprint_demo and enroll to all fingers the same finger, but even with this settings percent of positive scan about 5%
    if look at verify page then you will see that very often image are blur.
    i think that should be some sensitivity settings in libfprint, but i don't research it yet.

also in attach my new version of script to rotate screen, i add xft rgba settings (but it will be work only for gnome, or newly run programs )
    when used hinted fonts and screen are inverted, with xft.rgba == bgr fonts looks better.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

@Draugr

Here is the link to my tutorial. As long as you just follow along and do the whole thing, you should be able to get it working.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...47#post5469447

@shm
    that's what I thought... I was reading on the fprint wiki and mailing lists. Aparently the driver for our reader isn't that great (I don't think the reader itself is that great either...)
    and in the latest sources (at least when I last checked) they actaully had our driver set not to compile....
    Maybe someday it can be good though...

On that rotate script, I actually use a daemon that runs in the background that does the same thing. I just modified some source I found out on the net one time. If you want, I can upload the source....
    Kory

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by shm View Post
    thanks to all for this posts!

i have tx2520er, and after two days i have everything working in ubuntu 8.10 except buttons (dvd, reload, rotate, settings)

i found program getscancodes, from project keytouch
    http://keytouch.sourceforge.net/howt...ard/node4.html

if i shut down gdm (/etc/init.d/gdm stop)
    and run
    sudo ./getscancodes /dev/input/event1
    Input driver version is 1.0.0
    Input device ID: bus 0x11 vendor 0x1 product 0x1 version 0xab41
    Input device name: "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"

and can get scancodes for DVD and Reload buttons (142 136)

but when i run xev, seems that xev don't receive this keycodes (if i press other keys than i can see key codes).

so, does any one know where could be the problem?
    i could reproduce your results... But the buttons seem respond only in the console(ctr+alt+f1-6) and not when my desktop(gdm on ctr-alt-f7) is on. I have mapped the keys to some other applications to check if they are working.. but could not launch them.
    Last edited by harak; November 5th, 2008 at 11:23 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

harak, I replied with a fix on the other post
    for all others who don't know what I'm talking about, this is a fix so that the media buttons will work. You only need to run two commands:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=101
    Kory

Beans

Thanks gail98 I going to try it this weekend

Beans

Can someone help me with my sound?

8.04 was working but now ... no sound at all... Only those loud internal DOS like sounds...

Thx

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

OnionMan have you tried going to System>Preferences>Sound Control and see if all you need to do is turn up your speaker volumes? When I updated to Intrepid I also had no sound and that was the problem. For some reason the update turned to volume down to zero. If you don't see volume control go to System>Preferences>Main Menu to enable it. Good luck.

Page 35 of 64 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast