Page 51 of 89 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Macbook Pro 8,1 + Maverick

Beans

Re: Macbook Pro 8,1 + Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by dmb View Post
    Anyone know how to make it so when you press caps lock, the light goes on?
    Yes, it does do on.

Beans

Some news about the wireless driver. Quote from Henry Ptasinski:

We're currently on a big push to finish cleaning up the driver and moving into mainline. After that, we'll be working on adding a number of new chips.
    http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linu....general/66377

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by koham View Post
    Yes, it does do on.
    When I press caps lock key on my machine, the caps light dos not go on...

Beans

In fact, it's already installed.. Do you have any idear of witch option to give it in order to disable the click-tap ?
    Thanks btw for answering.
    Make sure mousetweaks actually running, I think it should be started automatically when you log in?

In GNOME 3 it just works - on the Mouse and Touchpad control panel, under the Touchpad tab, I have unticked "Enable mouse clicks with the touchpad" and it respects that.

Maybe if you're running Unity/GNOME2 you need to do something else?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mj0g View Post
    Make sure mousetweaks actually running, I think it should be started automatically when you log in?

In GNOME 3 it just works - on the Mouse and Touchpad control panel, under the Touchpad tab, I have unticked "Enable mouse clicks with the touchpad" and it respects that.

Maybe if you're running Unity/GNOME2 you need to do something else?
    Yes, mousetweaks is running, i've checked with ps aux | grep mousetweaks, process is present and running.
    I'm using ubuntu 11.04 classic, so Gnome's version is 2.32.1

I've switch to "Ubuntu" with the new interface (i don't like it in fact..) but the problem still the same.
    I checked and unchecked the box, tap to click still present.

My xorg.conf is like this one : https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ma...Natty#Touchpad

I've seen on the web that there is an option for Synaptic driver witch could help : MaxTapTime and set it to 0
    But as i'm using "multitouch" drivers i believe i can't use that option with it

Beans

My xorg.conf is like this one : https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ma...Natty#Touchpad

I've seen on the web that there is an option for Synaptic driver witch could help : MaxTapTime and set it to 0
    But as i'm using "multitouch" drivers i believe i can't use that option with it
    Well, that's interesting - I am not using an xorg.conf and have not installed any pacakges from the mactel-support PPA, and it's working fine.

Anyway, you now know as much as I do. If you are running Natty on an 8,1 - I suggest you rename your xorg.conf so it doesn't get used and delete any pacages from the PPA and it might Just Work™.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mj0g View Post
    Well, that's interesting - I am not using an xorg.conf and have not installed any pacakges from the mactel-support PPA, and it's working fine.

Anyway, you now know as much as I do. If you are running Natty on an 8,1 - I suggest you rename your xorg.conf so it doesn't get used and delete any pacages from the PPA and it might Just Work™.
    So...

Without the package and without xorg.conf :
    - No double finger scroll, No second button control with two fingers etc..

With the package but without xorg.conf :
    - Finger scroll ok, second and third button ok, but i can't clic and select a text for exemple, it just open the second button box (as i'm using two finger, one for the mouse, the other to clic). But, no tap to clic.

With the package and the xorg.conf :
    - Finger scroll ok, second and third button ok, clic and select / copy paste with third button ok, but there still have a tap to clic activated..

Beans

Does anyone else have X freezes where they lose keyboard/mouse/USB support and have to hardboot? This happens to me ALL the time. I also get kernel panics when using Skype video. Has anyone else had anything like this? Thanks. Anon7
    "Like computer viruses, successful mind viruses will tend to be hard for their victims to detect. If you are the victim of one, the chances are that you won't know it, and may even vigorously deny it." -- Richard Dawkins

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Anon7-2521 View Post
    Does anyone else have X freezes where they lose keyboard/mouse/USB support and have to hardboot? This happens to me ALL the time. I also get kernel panics when using Skype video. Has anyone else had anything like this? Thanks. Anon7
    Nope. You didn't say on what hardware though (i've got a mbp 13 8,1)... Sounds like bad RAM to me, alternatively ndiswrapper or some such.
    - "though It seems that I know that I know, what I would like to see Is the I that sees me, when I know that I know that I know" / Alan Watts

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by b16a2smith View Post
    Okay how do you get the trendnet dongle to work? Please help I need wireless.

UPDATE: I have updated to kernel version 2.6.39-rc5 and still no luck for the Trendnet TEW-648UBM
    My reply is probably too late, but there's a report on my successes (mostly) getting the dongle to work:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1667682

Page 51 of 89 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast