Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Install Wizardpen driver for Iball tablet

Beans

Re: HOWTO INSTALL WIZARDPEN DRIVER FOR iball TABLET

drpjkurian So far so good... however, after some toying lastnight, I noticed that the center of the tablet is not center on the screen in ubuntu.

I tried playing with the TopX, TopY, BottomX, BottomY, MaxX, MaxY Paramaters, but it didn't seem to make things better or worse.

Not sure if screen resolution matters, it doesn't seem to as my debian laptop has 1280x1024, while my ubuntu laptop has 800x600 on an external screen.

Center of the screen compared to center of the tablet is way off, center on the screen = 4th icon left, 2nd Icon down on the tablet.

If this is fixable, it would be great!

I'd also recommend that the Z paramaters be added into the Xorg Config for the WP8060U because without it, the pen will cause movement even an inch over the tablet.

Thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks a lot ^^
    it moves now...
    ive seen those two strings on https://help.ubuntu.com/community/TabletSetupWizardpen,
    but forgot to add them into newly installed fdi from deb package ^^
    yeah... i always say better install from source...
    well anyway thanks. i will try to fix problem with touch sencitivity by myself for now.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by drpjkurian View Post
    Dear Kensav
    1.How do i edit the .fdi file?
    Code:
    gksudo gedit  /etc/hal/fdi/policy/99-x11-wizardpen.fdi
    Code:
    2.Where do you want to put the whole parameter data?
    Place the whole parameter data in /etc/hal/fdi/policy/99-x11-wizardpen.fdi

Hope I have answered all your questions

With regards
    Dr Kurian
    So then it doesn't matter where the parameters go inside the file itself? I put them just above the </match> part. I double checked that I have the correct device name at the right place and that I used the right parameters for that device. I have a UC-Logic Tablet W8060U, so I guess it should work, and it woks fine, too, except I can't get any pressure sensibility out of it. Tried different programs as well, such as: Gimp, Pencil and Flash 8 under Wine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by The knyazzz View Post
    Thanks a lot ^^
    it moves now...
    ive seen those two strings on https://help.ubuntu.com/community/TabletSetupWizardpen,
    well anyway thanks. i will try to fix problem with touch sencitivity by myself for now.
    Hi Knyazz
    You are most welcome

Dr Kurian

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by unavenged View Post
    Hi, Im having problems installing a Genius PenSketch 9x12 tablet but the only thing working is the mouse buttons on the cordless mouse that came with it... The mouse doesn't pick up movement and the pen doesn't work

I followed the instructions on the Tablet Setup Wizardpen Howto

Code:
    cat /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/product
    9x12 Tablet
    EHCI Host Controller
    OHCI Host Controller
    OHCI Host Controller
    Code:
    ls /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/wizardpen_drv.*
    /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/wizardpen_drv.la
    /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/wizardpen_drv.so
    Code:
    grep -i name /proc/bus/input/devices
    N: Name="Power Button (FF)"
    N: Name="Power Button (CM)"
    N: Name="Sleep Button (CM)"
    N: Name="Macintosh mouse button emulation"
    N: Name="AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"
    N: Name="                9x12 Tablet"
    N: Name="PC Speaker"
    N: Name="ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse"
    And the .fdi file
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
                <deviceinfo version="0.2">
                <device>
                    <!-- This MUST match with the name of your tablet obtained -->
                    <!-- in Step 2 specified previously                        -->
                    <match key="info.product" contains="9x12 Tablet">
                    <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">wizardpen</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.SendCoreEvents" type="string">true</merge>

<!-- Modify these configuration accordingly -->
                    <!-- See CONFIGURATION OPTIONS section for the full-set of -->
                    <!-- configurable options                                  -->
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopX" type="string">5619</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopY" type="string">6554</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomX" type="string">29405</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomY" type="string">29671</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxX" type="string">29405</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxY" type="string">29671</merge>
                    <merge key="info.product" type="string">stylus</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.SendCoreEvents" type="string">true</merge>
                    </match>
                </device>
                </deviceinfo>
    Code:
    sudo /etc/init.d/rc.local start
    Udev did NOT create /dev/tablet-event = tablet NOT present! - Tablet-driver disabled
    And dmesg output

Code:
    [    4.746495] input:                 9x12 Tablet as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/input/input5
    [    4.760707] generic-usb 0003:5543:0042.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [                9x12 Tablet] on usb-0000:00:03.0-1/input0
    But the funny thing is before i went through the how to the mouse was working fine but the pen wasn't

Thanks in advance
    Hi

You have done everything perfectly. I am perplexed in your case.
    Well I suggest you to evoke the Help of my friend Favux who is a wizard in these issue. Please do invite him to this thread.

With regards
    Dr Kurian

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by KENSAV View Post
    So then it doesn't matter where the parameters go inside the file itself? I put them just above the </match> part. I double checked that I have the correct device name at the right place and that I used the right parameters for that device. I have a UC-Logic Tablet W8060U, so I guess it should work, and it woks fine, too, except I can't get any pressure sensibility out of it. Tried different programs as well, such as: Gimp, Pencil and Flash 8 under Wine.
    Hi Kensav

You can insert these options to enable MAX and MIN pressure sensitivity:
    Option "TopZ" "10" Option "BottomZ" "511" Option "MaxZ" "511"
    Where "TopZ" represents the lowest pressure-level to accept, and "BottomZ"/"MaxZ" represents the maximum pressure-level to accept.

Did you try this.
    Please let me know

With regards
    Dr Kurian

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by gaintsura View Post
    drpjkurian So far so good... however, after some toying lastnight, I noticed that the center of the tablet is not center on the screen in ubuntu.

I tried playing with the TopX, TopY, BottomX, BottomY, MaxX, MaxY Paramaters, but it didn't seem to make things better or worse.

Not sure if screen resolution matters, it doesn't seem to as my debian laptop has 1280x1024, while my ubuntu laptop has 800x600 on an external screen.

Center of the screen compared to center of the tablet is way off, center on the screen = 4th icon left, 2nd Icon down on the tablet.

If this is fixable, it would be great!

I'd also recommend that the Z paramaters be added into the Xorg Config for the WP8060U because without it, the pen will cause movement even an inch over the tablet.

Thanks in advance!
    Hi
    Please give a try to this instructions

1.Execute the following command: lshal | less
    2.Search the section with the name of your tablet, as obtained from Step 2 in the configuration step. The line should read something like: info.product = '[Name of your tablet]'
    3.Scroll down until you find the following line: linux.device_file = '/dev/input/eventN' (N will a number)
    4.The source package contains a program called 'wizardpen-calibrate', which is in the 'calibrate' folder, which actually echoes the appropriate X11 calibration settings
    5.Using a terminal/console, execute the calibration program: calibrate/wizardpen-calibrate /dev/input/eventN (*Note: Subtitute /dev/input/eventN with the one obtained from Step 3)
    6.Follow the instructions issued by the program, which will ask you to touch the top-left corner and bottom-right corner. Once completed, the program will echo the corresponding xorg.conf setting
    7.Edit the FDI file (/etc/hal/fdi/policy/99-x11-wizardpen.fdi) and subtitute the Top/Bottom/MaxX and Top/Bottom/MaxY values to the one obtained from the wizardpen-calibrate command
    8.Once done, restart your computer and test your tablet (UPDATE: Noy noted in the comments that you don't have to restart, but rather unplug and replug the tablet for the new settings to take effect.

I got these from digital blue wave

Best of luck
    Dr Kurian

Beans

1.Execute the following command: lshal | less
    2.Search the section with the name of your tablet, as obtained from Step 2 in the configuration step. The line should read something like: info.product = '[Name of your tablet]'
    3.Scroll down until you find the following line: linux.device_file = '/dev/input/eventN' (N will a number)
    I ran this, and did some searching. I found two devices for WP8060U

Code:
    udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_5543_5_noserial_if0_logicaldev_input'
      info.capabilities = {'input', 'input.mouse', 'input.touchpad'} (string list)
      info.category = 'input'  (string)
      info.parent = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_5543_5_noserial_if0'  (string)
      info.product = 'UC-LOGIC Tablet WP8060U'  (string)
      info.subsystem = 'input'  (string)
      info.udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_5543_5_noserial_if0_logicaldev_input'  (string)
      input.device = '/dev/input/event8'  (string)
      input.originating_device = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_5543_5_noserial_if0'  (string)
      input.product = 'UC-LOGIC Tablet WP8060U'  (string)
      input.x11_driver = 'wizardpen'  (string)
      input.x11_options.BottomX = '32371'  (string)
      input.x11_options.BottomY = '32634'  (string)
      input.x11_options.BottomZ = '511'  (string)
      input.x11_options.MaxX = '32371'  (string)
      input.x11_options.MaxY = '32364'  (string)
      input.x11_options.MaxZ = '511'  (string)
      input.x11_options.SendCoreEvents = 'true'  (string)
      input.x11_options.TopX = '0'  (string)
      input.x11_options.TopY = '150'  (string)
      input.x11_options.TopZ = '10'  (string)
      linux.device_file = '/dev/input/event8'  (string)
      linux.hotplug_type = 2  (0x2)  (int)
      linux.subsystem = 'input'  (string)
      linux.sysfs_path = '/sys/class/input/input8/event8'  (string)

udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_5543_5_noserial_if0_hiddev'
      hiddev.application_pages = {'Unknown page 0xd0002', 'Generic Desktop Page', 'Generic Desktop Page'} (string list)
      hiddev.device = '/dev/usb/hiddev0'  (string)
      hiddev.product = 'UC-LOGIC Tablet WP8060U'  (string)
      info.capabilities = {'hiddev'} (string list)
      info.category = 'hiddev'  (string)
      info.parent = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_5543_5_noserial_if0'  (string)
      info.product = 'UC-LOGIC Tablet WP8060U'  (string)
      info.subsystem = 'usb'  (string)
      info.udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_5543_5_noserial_if0_hiddev'  (string)
      input.x11_driver = 'wizardpen'  (string)
      input.x11_options.BottomX = '32371'  (string)
      input.x11_options.BottomY = '32634'  (string)
      input.x11_options.BottomZ = '511'  (string)
      input.x11_options.MaxX = '32371'  (string)
      input.x11_options.MaxY = '32364'  (string)
      input.x11_options.MaxZ = '511'  (string)
      input.x11_options.SendCoreEvents = 'true'  (string)
      input.x11_options.TopX = '0'  (string)
      input.x11_options.TopY = '150'  (string)
      input.x11_options.TopZ = '10'  (string)
      linux.device_file = '/dev/usb/hiddev0'  (string)
      linux.hotplug_type = 2  (0x2)  (int)
      linux.subsystem = 'usb'  (string)
      linux.sysfs_path = '/sys/class/usb/hiddev0'  (string)
    I'm not sure which of these to use, also, will this 'event' or 'hiddev' always be the same numeric? IE will the tablet _always_ be /dev/input/event8 in this case (because I'm not sure it is) or will hiddev for this device always be hiddev0?

While I wait for your reply, I'm going to try both and see what I get.

4.The source package contains a program called 'wizardpen-calibrate', which is in the 'calibrate' folder, which actually echoes the appropriate X11 calibration settings
    5.Using a terminal/console, execute the calibration program: calibrate/wizardpen-calibrate /dev/input/eventN (*Note: Subtitute /dev/input/eventN with the one obtained from Step 3)
    6.Follow the instructions issued by the program, which will ask you to touch the top-left corner and bottom-right corner. Once completed, the program will echo the corresponding xorg.conf setting
    7.Edit the FDI file (/etc/hal/fdi/policy/99-x11-wizardpen.fdi) and subtitute the Top/Bottom/MaxX and Top/Bottom/MaxY values to the one obtained from the wizardpen-calibrate command
    8.Once done, restart your computer and test your tablet (UPDATE: Noy noted in the comments that you don't have to restart, but rather unplug and replug the tablet for the new settings to take effect.
    I did this previously (the make/make install), and got the same output you guys gave for the WP8060U when I did the calibration. I even tried to make the area larger than what had been given after calibration, it did not change.

Also, one last note, you need to 'make clean' before you 'make && sudo make install', it looks like it wasn't made clean before being packaged up for distribution, otherwise you get the error 'No target for "build"'

Thanks again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Unhappy Re: HOWTO INSTALL WIZARDPEN DRIVER FOR iball TABLET

Quote Originally Posted by The knyazzz View Post
    Thanks a lot ^^
    it moves now...
    I get the same problem that you had - tapping the tablet activates 'back' in Firefox. Like you, I installed the driver by means of the deb - what exactly did you do to fix the problem? What are the two 'strings' you refer to?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Exclamation Re: HOWTO INSTALL WIZARDPEN DRIVER FOR iball TABLET

Hi all of you, I have a tablet genius Gpen F610, and it works fine, except by one thing, it's doesn't draw! when i'm pass throw the pen on tablet, it's only moves the cursor. I try to do what drpjkurian explain, but I have troubles to continue with the step 8, i don't know how to do the insert in terminal part, and when I wrote [sudo vim /etc/hal/fdi/policy/99-x11-wizardpen.fdi] and left pres intro button, appears in the terminal this [sudo: vim: command not fund] so i don`t know how to continue.

The name in the terminal for the tablet is "WALTOP International Corp. Slim Tablet"

I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 64bits, please help me! I don't want to go to win just for sketch my designs.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast