Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

Beans

Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

Same for me I've to hightlight first the window that I need to close,minimize or maximize.
    My session is cairo dock with compiz WM.

Beans

This NEEDS to get fixed! So annoying!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zesterer View Post
    This NEEDS to get fixed! So annoying!
    Yes I totally agree with you !

Beans

Same going on here. It can get frustrating. It's been a year and it has not been fixed yet

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

There appears to be a fix on it's way. Have you all marked this bug applies to you?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz/+bug/1158267

In the bottom of that bug is listed a fix for the problem https://code.launchpad.net/~mar-koly.../+merge/167596

But, although it is a pain I think I'll hold out for a permanent fix which should be out shortly as the bug is marked critical.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    There appears to be a fix on it's way. Have you all marked this bug applies to you?

In the bottom of that bug is listed a fix for the problem https://code.launchpad.net/~mar-koly.../+merge/167596

But, although it is a pain I think I'll hold out for a permanent fix which should be out shortly as the bug is marked critical.
    We'll see how quick
    The small proposed fix has not been merged (staus - needs fixing), what's come out of that bug & a couple of similar *was* the intention to redo the deco plugin. That itself depended on creating some tests first which was done in a recent large commit to compiz trunk
    Unfortunately that commit (which was reviewed, somehow accepted & merged), has created an even worse problem - shrinking windows.
    (- unmaxed windows will shrink on each re-opening by the size of the frame extents - for ex. with light-themes 29px vertically, 2 px horizontally. This would go on till the window reaches it's min. size
    So I'd think that needs to be fixed before you see any 'fixed' compiz packages

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    We'll see how quick
    The small proposed fix has not been merged (staus - needs fixing), what's come out of that bug & a couple of similar *was* the intention to redo the deco plugin. That itself depended on creating some tests first which was done in a recent large commit to compiz trunk
    Unfortunately that commit (which was reviewed, somehow accepted & merged), has created an even worse problem - shrinking windows.
    (- unmaxed windows will shrink on each re-opening by the size of the frame extents - for ex. with light-themes 29px vertically, 2 px horizontally. This would go on till the window reaches it's min. size
    So I'd think that needs to be fixed before you see any 'fixed' compiz packages

Ouch! Plus this bug affects Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04, 13.10 as well as Mint 15 and I would have to assume Mint 14 as well. The only version unaffected are LTS versions Precise 12.04 and Mint 13.
    So, one would think this would have been on the front burner a long time ago.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I was incorrect about 12.10. It is not affected by this bug. Although you may have to click the close button more than once on a fully maximized window. It will close unlike all of the other versions I mentioned.

Beans

There is now a fix for the shrinking windows so while not yet merged (small jenkins issue), there should be a newer compiz soon. After that maybe something concerning this bug.

Though in a default unity session have found very hard to duplicate, only once & a rare while with vlc. Seems more likely to occur in gnome panel style sessions & or other ubuntu variants

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    There is now a fix for the shrinking windows so while not yet merged (small jenkins issue), there should be a newer compiz soon. After that maybe something concerning this bug.

Though in a default unity session have found very hard to duplicate, only once & a rare while with vlc. Seems more likely to occur in gnome panel style sessions & or other ubuntu variants
    I would agree that it is a gnome issue as I seldom get into Unity and have the problem with every single open maximized windows.
    Once maximizied, it can only be minimized or closed by right clicking on the application in the bottom panel and selecting the opion there.

Myself, I haven't been in Unity long enough to see if it does it there. A bug fix for this will be greatly appreciated by many people.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast